Swearing in public

Predominantly yes, and with a long established culture that the majority of people understand.
So you think it’s ok to swear in front of kids at footy match because everyone knows that’s what happens. But in a pub where people get drunk and swear it’s narcissistic? What the fuck are you on about tadger lad.
Maybe I’m reading it wrong here like because your a good poster and seem a good lad. I was fishing about swearing mate in public mate but your replies still baffle me. :lol:

So you think it’s ok to swear in front of kids at footy match because everyone knows that’s what happens. But in a pub where people get drunk and swear it’s narcissistic? What the fuck are you on about tadger lad.
Maybe I’m reading it wrong here like because your a good poster and seem a good lad. I was fishing about swearing mate in public mate but your replies still baffle me. :lol:

As I understand it, you’re saying you swear profusely no matter where you are.

Footy, pubs are fine because they’re an adult environment. If it’s in the street, a shop, restaurant etc then I think it’s out of order.

I agree 100%.

My point was that @the boot seems to be admitting he swears excessively no matter what his surroundings are and he doesn’t moderate his language at all.

I don’t think it takes much to not swear in front of kids in a public place.
As a world class swearer I was quite pleased with my efforts when I became a Dad at 42 .Maybe half a dozen moments in 12 years in front of my son . Still don't but we watch films with stuff in now

I've always been able to turn on me swear filter when I need to.
Same as talking to yourself and answering your own questions ,there's a time to do it :lol:

I was on a full on rant to my two mates walking to the game about lazy people not dressing properly and I heard this lass bust out laughing behind.She must have been in earshot and holding her laugh in .A wad as well

People/groups who swear infront of kids or older people disgust me.

Dont get me wrong I use vile language meself but always make sure its in appropriate situations. I cringe when I’m out with my kids and you hear some absolute scratters effing and blinding with complete disregard. Scummy scratter antics, yes I appreciate they will hear it in the play ground but that is a woeful comeback.

Whenever ive been out on the piss with my mates we have always kept a lid on our language infront of OAPS & kids.

The boot is itching for a bite on this isn’t he :lol:
Puzzled on this bit,i respect old people (to a point as there's some right wrong uns ) but they've been through life and heard it all .I'm not that far off

Last edited:
Same as talking to yourself and answering your own questions ,there's a time to do it :lol:

I was on a full on rant to my two mates walking to the game about lazy people not dressing properly and I heard this lass bust out laughing behind.She must have been in earshot and holding her laugh in .A wad as well

Puzzled on this bit,i respect old people (to a point as there's some right wrong uns ) but they've been through life and heard it all .I'm not that far off

Would you mind groups of cretins swearing infront of your mam and dad or grandma and granda, OAPS? Doesnt sit well with me.

Would you mind groups of cretins swearing infront of your mam and dad or grandma and granda, OAPS? Doesnt sit well with me.
It all fits into this context thing we speak of .I know lots of older blokes and they swear like troopers.Really we're getting upset on their behalf (mams grandads etc )

Last edited:

Back