Swearing in public

Not really.

People should expect swearing at a football match. There’s no need to be shouting and swearing excessively anywhere else really.
Shouting is different to swearing
It's all about context but it's as much part of language as other words .I agree about being aware of who can hear you but if you take a child into an adult environment expect adult themes shall we say

I would swear in front of @Roaring Chubby deffo. Up to him to move away if he as the kids and missus with him tbf.

You in the family enclosure? Mind the way we are playing at this time enough to drive a Saint to Swear.

Perhaps we need a Saint Patrick on here to drive all the snakes away. Are there any Saint's for Wum's and Troll's? Might be!

You have proven my point, beautifully. I have no more business here.
Away mate surely ya know this is a wind up? i Will stop now as I think your on the verge here. Hope you were just going along with it. I’m mr average mate. The odd thing slips out in which case I will apologise but never intentionally swear in front of anyone.
But I like the amount of people who think it’s ok at the football. So going by your logic all the football fans on here who swear at the match are narcissistic. I’m i right? Or are you wrong.

Away mate surely ya know this is a wind up? i Will stop now as I think your on the verge here. Hope you were just going along with it. I’m mr average mate. The odd thing slips out in which case I will apologise but never intentionally swear in front of anyone.
But I like the amount of people who think it’s ok at the football. So going by your logic all the football fans on here who swear at the match are narcissistic. I’m i right? Or are you wrong.

Nowt suprises me on this board mind, spending time on this board just purely to wind people up:D

Life must be pretty boring at times for some.

Got on the train with the kids recently & 2 blokes who looked like travellers sat at the table across the aisle. Both of them pissed up. They spotted the kids & moved on because they didn't want the kids to hear any bad language they might use.

Fair play to the dirty, horrible, filthy pigs.

Why do you keep thinking that I have an issue with swearing :lol:

Nowt suprises me on this board mind, spending time on this board just purely to wind people up:D

Life must be pretty boring at times for some.
Boring for everyone at some point. Birthday week so been lying in bed with s hangover all day (apart from a couple of hours potting plants and veg). I did feel a little bad about the wind up tbh.

Why do you keep thinking that I have an issue with swearing :lol:
I don’t you said I was a narcissistic person for swearing and expecting people to put up with it or walk away.

Last edited:
Boring for everyone at some point. Birthday week so been lying in bed with s hangover all day (apart from a couple of hours potting plants and veg). I did feel a little bad about the wind up tbh.

I don’t you said I was a narcissistic person for swearing and expecting people to put up with it or walk away.

No I didn’t :lol:

I swear naturally in conversation all the time.

Keep it to a minimum in the work place and try to keep it down if kids are about.

I used to not swear around my parents but over time it's just become the norm yet I still refuse to swear in front of grandparents

I was just musing on the weird rules after hearing someone complain about it on the train

What is the general etiquette you adhere to?

why don’t you spread my f***ing arse-chute gaping, see how far I can blow shit up your forearms and I’ll tell you, you stupid c**t.

Shouting is different to swearing
It's all about context but it's as much part of language as other words .I agree about being aware of who can hear you but if you take a child into an adult environment expect adult themes shall we say

I agree 100%.

My point was that @the boot seems to be admitting he swears excessively no matter what his surroundings are and he doesn’t moderate his language at all.

I don’t think it takes much to not swear in front of kids in a public place.

Back