Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Aye, but she will still be bottom 2 I think. Judges save Ashley
That tends to be the nature of this programme, the judges like people that the general public doesn't and vice versa - this was highlighted John Sergeant a couple of series back. At the end of the day it isn't just a dance contest.

The beeb make money from the votes but it should be pro judges only. That way the best dancer will always win which often doesn't happen.
When you finish as low as Lauren does and go through you have huge support. Going forward a lot depends on those who voted for the celebrities who get voted off. Who do they switch their alliance to? I reckon if Lauren makes the final she will win it.

Then it would just be a dancing competition and probably wouldn’t warrant a prime time Saturday evening slot.

It’s an entertainment show for all the family with people having favourites and being able to form connections with them and actually support them with their votes.

Then it would just be a dancing competition and probably wouldn’t warrant a prime time Saturday evening slot.

It’s an entertainment show for all the family with people having favourites and being able to form connections with them and actually support them with their votes.
It still would be a dancing competition and with the best dancer winning even more so. Last year the best dancer didnt win and that is likely to happen again this year.

I'd have thought Joe would be the one getting all the votes from the mamas and the nanas as well as his youtube followers?

Doing the maths Lauren must be getting a hell of a lot of votes.
There were 6 dancers so whoever finishes first by the judges gets 6 points.
Ashley was second so she had 5 points and with Lauren finishing last she had 1 point.
Ashley if she got the lowest public vote will have got 1 point so worst scenario for her was 6 points
For Lauren to beat 6 she needed to get the highest points from the public to give her 6 points to add to the 1 she had to give her a total of 7 to be above Ashley.
Ashley must be getting very low public votes because if she had just got the second lowest she'd have had 7 points that Lauren couldn't get above. A similar thing happened the week before so Lauren must be very popular with the public.

Last edited:
Doing the maths Lauren must be getting a hell of a lot of votes.
There were 6 dancers so whoever finishes first by the judges gets 6 points.
Ashley was second so she had 5 points and with Lauren finishing last she had 1 point.
Ashley if she got the lowest public vote will have got 1 point so worst scenario for her was 6 points
For Lauren to beat 6 she needed to get the highest points from the public to give her 6 points to add to the 1 she had to give her a total of 7 to be above Ashley.
Ashley must be getting the lowest public votes because if she had just got the second lowest she'd have had 7 points that Lauren couldn't get above. A similar thing happened the week before so Lauren must be very popular with the public.
Wasn’t there some ties on Saturday so not all points went down to one from the judges?

Exactly. Same here.

Erm, except my 7yo who loves AJ. There’s still time to convert her though. At least I’ve got her supporting the lads rather than Luton which is her local team.

There is a healthy like for most of the ones left other than Ashley. Lauren comes across like a lovely lass as does Stacy. Even joe seems a nice bloke. If the unthinkable happens and faye didn't make the final, it's an easy decision for me who the chappers house would vote for.

No one as we'd be in the huff.

Strictly Come Dancing Winner Betting Odds | TV

Bookies have Lauren Steadman third favourite, With this journey bollocks thing, I can see next weekends dance between Faye and Ashley the Great British Public love the underdog. Sorry Boldon Black Cat.
I reckon Lauren will be in the dance off against Ashley which could get rowdy.

Fans aren't happy professional dancer Ashley strolled through while Charles got the shove after putting heart and soul in it.

There's bound to be be another week of rage on Twitter when Lauren and AJ's love story gets trounced by Ashbot 2000.

Back