Staycation

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was supposed to be spending next week climbing on Lundy but the Landmark Trust called it off a week ago as they still haven't decided when they can open access to the place :-( We will have to wait until 2022 now to get another slot as access is booked up two years in advance.
I desperately want to start going back to the Lakes but some campsites haven't opened yet and others restricted. I'm worried that the place will be mobbed with arseholes littering the place and I just wouldn't want to be there. Has anybody been over there yet?

Totally beautiful little place.

Pints in the Thatch, walks up baggy point.

Lovely.

@Billy Fish
I was supposed to be spending next week climbing on Lundy but the Landmark Trust called it off a week ago as they still haven't decided when they can open access to the place :-( We will have to wait until 2022 now to get another slot as access is booked up two years in advance.
I desperately want to start going back to the Lakes but some campsites haven't opened yet and others restricted. I'm worried that the place will be mobbed with arseholes littering the place and I just wouldn't want to be there. Has anybody been over there yet?
Didn’t know access to Lundy was controlled. Are the boats running again out of Ilfracombe?

Last edited:
My staycation starts on Friday. Little party for the kids then off down the caravan in North Yorkshire Saturday for a few nights. Couple of nights in the lakes midweek then home for a couple of nights for the bairns birthday before heading back down the caravan for 3 more nights. Back to work 30th.

Was supposed to have been going to Holland, Germany and Denmark but more than looking forward to this.

Heading over today, stopping on a site near Scafell so will keep you updated. Had no bother stopping at a site in Kirby last couple of days, clean as a whistle and everyone good as gold.

Lovely.

@Billy Fish

Didn’t know access to Lundy was controlled. Are the boats running again out of Ilfracombe?
The ferry might still be taking day trippers but I don't know. We were on the point of booking ferry tickets when it was all called off and the ferry company never said that they weren't running yet. But then the Landmark Trust were assuring us that they were confident they would be able to open up for us right up until they decided not to. Maybe the island is open but just not the accommodation, pub, etc? Our climbing club was booked in to the 14-bed bunkhouse and maybe they didn't believe that we were all one family household group.

Lovely.

@Billy Fish
YeaH. I love Croyde and whilst it was busyish I was expecting it to be heaving but as we left the site was only about 20% occupied

The Thatch is closed but they’ve set up a marquee type thing in Billy buds next door (same owners) and it looks like they’re preparing to do something in their car park out front. There’s a cool little hidden bar been set up on the terraces behind the pasty shop which was wellchilled, loved it. And great surf beach.

Noticed they’re flying to City now . Around 180 return when I last looked . Hopefully it drops a bit and the flight route establishes itself
Parents flew up last and back this week £49 each way on special offer. So easy and convenient. Although Alicante was tempting at £19.99 return from Southend for them.

Last edited:
Tried to book up but everywhere full. Unless I want to pay £1400 for a 4 berth boat on the Broads for 3 nights, or £1100 for 4 nights in a 'lodge' (AKA caravan with brown cladding).

Im a big fan of holidaying in the UK but they are going to put people off. They've got a really good change to win back business.........hope they dont take the piss.

Was due to go to New York for a week at the start of August, have now hired a motorhome & going to tour the North Coast 500 in Scotland

I’ve had a change of heart and thoughts
If someone goes on holiday, they must be symptoms free before going. Should they develop symptoms when away and ask for help or a test then they are given a test near their home address meaning, should they need hospitals or care then they are using their normal provider.
Anyone on holiday are being told to contact their own GP at the moment no matter where they are

Tried to book up but everywhere full. Unless I want to pay £1400 for a 4 berth boat on the Broads for 3 nights, or £1100 for 4 nights in a 'lodge' (AKA caravan with brown cladding).

Im a big fan of holidaying in the UK but they are going to put people off. They've got a really good change to win back business.........hope they dont take the piss.
You know the answer to that ... they are and will

Just had a browse on the premier inn site and you can get a week in Norfolk for £235 in August. Done random dates and there are good deals elsewhere too.
Similar good deals on Tobago too
Just had a browse on the premier inn site and you can get a week in Norfolk for £235 in August. Done random dates and there are good deals elsewhere too.
Similar good deals on Tobago too
Edit Trivago.

Last edited:
Got a week off first week in August. Struggling to find anything to do / anywhere to go tbh.

Quite fancy a cottage / lodge with a hot tub - but there's hardly owt available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back