Staycation

I think it’s for the best to do it ASAP as there was a big chance that we’d have to quarantine for the 1st 2 weeks of September which would have been a pain in the arse!

We still have a U.K. holiday booked for the October half term, I’d be content with 1 holiday a year, wherever it is.
It's been a right bollocks this year. Although my garden's never looked so good ! We can only hope things will get sorted for next season

We've just returned from a 4 night stay in a 4* lodge near Alton towers. It's cost us more for just accommodation than a 10 night all inclusive in Spain or Turkey.

I'm happy to put money in the UK holiday economy - as we do every year - but the prices this year are ridiculous.

I tend to think of a staycation as being a long spell of time taken off in which you stay at home (i.e. your own house) rather than a holiday in the UK. Could be to do some work on the house, watch a big sporting event on TV, get a new pet settled into your home or just doing nowt bar having a lie in each day and chilling.
I was about to write the same. We go to Northumberland every year, sometimes twice a year, but still regard that as a holiday. We occasionally got to France it Italy too and I try and get to a conference in NYC with work each year, and I used to travel monthly to Hannover with work but not doing any foreign travel for the foreseeable future.

As mentioned earlier we’re off to an empty unfurnished cottage near Hexham to sort of camp out as our friends have moved to Norway. Being a Coventry kid because my grandparents moved down From Stanley in early thirties I don’t know the area as well as most on here. What are the must see things with wife, eleven year old boy and dopey saluki/ boxer cross?

As mentioned earlier we’re off to an empty unfurnished cottage near Hexham to sort of camp out as our friends have moved to Norway. Being a Coventry kid because my grandparents moved down From Stanley in early thirties I don’t know the area as well as most on here. What are the must see things with wife, eleven year old boy and dopey saluki/ boxer cross?
Castles, beaches, pubs, castles on beaches, pubs on beaches, forests.

Due to flights being cancelled,we are now doing a tour of the West of Scotland by train as soon as the train companies get there fingers out and release tickets.So far we have managed to book Donny to Inverness.all other tickets after 3rd Sept are not on sale yet.

I think that your compass is fucked like mate.

No Bay View Farm although the young’un went back down last week with his mates and stayed at Ruda
Thinking of doing Worcester next weekend if there’s availability?
Bay view is a decent campsite & well run... Ruda is like a refugee camp with everyone crammed in,....(when I went last summer)

Back