Staycation

Completely disagree tbh. If you can find me a decent hotel directly facing the beach in England where all my food and drink is catered for at around 700 quid pp then I am all ears mate. That's before you factor in weather, ridiculous over crowding, etc.

I know what you mean mate, it was cheaper before the kids all needed seats.

On our last few holidays flights alone have been around £2k. I've already had my abroad holiday this year (thank fuck).

Not sure if I'll go anywhere else now, prices are pretty daft in this country at the moment and we had a week away last month once they lifted the ban.

That's a regular holiday. I have only ever heard 'staycation' when someone takes time off work and doesnt go anywhere

I thought the press used it say having a holiday at home.

When I was a kid most people had holidays at home anyway so it didn't exist.

We didn't go abroad for the first time until like 85!

I thought the press used it say having a holiday at home.

When I was a kid most people had holidays at home anyway so it didn't exist.

We didn't go abroad for the first time until like 85!

Same here but first time abroad was in 2001 when I was 21. The 8 years following until I became a parent I think I visited over 30 countries.

Was always obsessed with maps, languages, accents, just anything foreign tbh. Things from abroad always seemed so exotic as going out the country was something other people did, it wasnt for people like 'us'.

Once I managed to go abroad it was like a curtain was pulled back and I realised I was allowed and able to do it, and everything I dreamed of seeing and doing for years was just right there available to me.

Started going to all sorts of places, then got a job that would involve a little foreign travel and then went off backpacking on my own (my mum in tears as she didnt understand it and because I have a slightly spacky brain and she thought I would get eaten by cannibals or something).

Anyway, that's my story, thanks for listening.

Same here but first time abroad was in 2001 when I was 21. The 8 years following until I became a parent I think I visited over 30 countries.

Was always obsessed with maps, languages, accents, just anything foreign tbh. Things from abroad always seemed so exotic as going out the country was something other people did, it wasnt for people like 'us'.

Once I managed to go abroad it was like a curtain was pulled back and I realised I was allowed and able to do it, and everything I dreamed of seeing and doing for years was just right there available to me.

Started going to all sorts of places, then got a job that would involve a little foreign travel and then went off backpacking on my own (my mum in tears as she didnt understand it and because I have a slightly spacky brain and she thought I would get eaten by cannibals or something).

Anyway, that's my story, thanks for listening.

Aye, I love the UK but the world is a big place.

With abroad, its not really about feeling safer but knowing that the government can fuck up your trip at a drop of a hat.
And sometimes it's just about getting away for a change of scenery
They ain’t fuckingGreece up mate. Washington has more cases than Rhodes.

its More Greece saying fuck this your not coming in and I wouldn’t blame them.

On balance on what I could get in the uk, risk wasn’t even on my mind.

They ain’t fuckingGreece up mate. Washington has more cases than Rhodes.

its More Greece saying fuck this your not coming in and I wouldn’t blame them.

On balance on what I could get in the uk, risk wasn’t even on my mind.

Well yeah, either side can.
I'm not going abroad this year, not because if its unsafe or not, but just can't be arsed with all the restrictions which will spoil it.
Rather just wait & get an extra break away next year

Well yeah, either side can.
I'm not going abroad this year, not because if its unsafe or not, but just can't be arsed with all the restrictions which will spoil it.
Rather just wait & get an extra break away next year
Daughter coming back from Turkey tonight, said it’s been brilliant Over their, respectful unlike the north east and bars and restaurants all open And even better as not crowded and no issues.

Due to flights being cancelled,we are now doing a tour of the West of Scotland by train as soon as the train companies get there fingers out and release tickets.So far we have managed to book Donny to Inverness.all other tickets after 3rd Sept are not on sale yet.

Back