Star Wars episode 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

how did lucas get parts 1 , 2 and 3 so badly wrong !!!!!
Because he wrote the scripts, directed the films and was the absolute producer.... and he isn't very good at the first two.

I hope Luke doesn't try to get into Rey's knickerbockers during this one only for it to turn out she is his cousin near the end of Episode IX!

Last edited:
Because he wrote the scripts, directed the films and was the absolute producer.... and he isn't very good at the first two.

I hope Luke doesn't try to get into Rey's knickerbockers during this one only for it to turn out she is his cousin near the end of Episode IX!

Luke is gay, surely.

There's a picture going round from Star Wars celebration which if real has massively spoilered who Rey and Finn are......

Oh I dunno- maybe something that was created to be more than just a giant advertising campaign to sell toys.

Can't wait for the next Transformers fillum!
Yes, they are maximising revenue, but they'd still make 'em, even if there were no toys.

Really looking forward to this, it's going to go way beyond the Sith and the Jedi as it explores the force. Few bits from that, just before Rey says 'light' you can here a female voice speaking to Obi-Wan, just before she says 'darkness' you can hear Snoke and just before she says 'balance' you can hear the Bendu. A quick clip of the Bendu speaking to Kanan Jarrus, Jedi Knight. This is set a year or two before New Hope. And as another aside, the 'other' that Yoda mentions in Empire isn't Leia. Don't know who it is, but it isn't her.

Logon or register to see this image

Top poster imo.

Tom Baker isn't it?

Oh I dunno- maybe something that was created to be more than just a giant advertising campaign to sell toys.

Can't wait for the next Transformers fillum!
:) I always find on threads like this, those who are quick to dismiss things that others like (and open a thread about something they don't like just to tell people that they don't like their discussion), are usually reluctant to put their film indulgences in the open for us to scrutinize.

Tom Baker isn't it?

Certainly is. Got a feeling you're going to be hearing/seeing him in the Last Jedi like. He's really old and incredibly powerful in the force and has no love for Sith or Jedi; describes himself as the one in the middle. Balanced, in other words. Disney seem to be making a big effort to having all their releases, whether film, book, comic or TV to be tying into each other. Already had Saw Gererra, originally in the Clone Wars TV show and some of the characters from Rebels popping up in Rogue One. And seeing as the Bendu has made his way into the trailer I wouldn't be surprised if you get mentions of Thrawn (great new book), Rakatan Prime (one for Knights of the Old Republic fans there and it is now officially canon) and maybes even Revan. I'm a terrible geek for Star Wars like and I'm 44 next month.:oops::lol:

:) I always find on threads like this, those who are quick to dismiss things that others like (and open a thread about something they don't like just to tell people that they don't like their discussion), are usually reluctant to put their film indulgences in the open for us to scrutinize.
I like loads of films me. Especially noir and neo noir, usually something with a bit of plot and intrigue especially if it's somewhat original. Some of my favourites off the top of me head aside from old classics are Usual Suspects, LA Confidential, The Good Shepherd, Michael Clayton, Layer Cake ...

I went to see the very first Star Wars when it came out and thought it was canny. I was about ten at the time. Couldn't be arsed with the sequels but saw them on telly over the years. Farting about in the forest with a bunch of teddy bears while Han Solo was frozen. Didn't work for me.

Saw the 'newer' trilogy and thought it was cinematic wanking. All special effects but no substance. The kid was shite in the Ben Hur chariot race do over, Mcagregor was a cardboard cutout and Hayden Christiansen arguably one of the worst actors in Hollywood.

I was interested in the recent lot as Abrams did a decent job with Star Trek but FFS man I was expecting more than the first story just recycled but with a bewer in the main role. Killed any enthusiasm I may have had to see the rest.

Hence my bantastic retort 'immature shite for bairns'. ;)

im not sure its him talking tbh...could be Snoke or the character that Benicio del Toro is playing

in fact fuck it...i've just listened to it again and no way is that Luke talking
It's definitely Luke.

Watch red letter media's Plinket reviews of them, they are better than the films.

He had total control, and he's not that good a writer or director. There are good films in all three prequels imo, its just hidden amongs a mixture of crappy dialogue and CGI shenanigans.
Probably the best summation I've seen of the prequels to be fair. For me the story always held up and that was the important part. Palpatine's manipulations from his rise to power and turning Anakin were spot on I thought.

Last edited:
I like loads of films me. Especially noir and neo noir, usually something with a bit of plot and intrigue especially if it's somewhat original. Some of my favourites off the top of me head aside from old classics are Usual Suspects, LA Confidential, The Good Shepherd, Michael Clayton, Layer Cake ...

I went to see the very first Star Wars when it came out and thought it was canny. I was about ten at the time. Couldn't be arsed with the sequels but saw them on telly over the years. Farting about in the forest with a bunch of teddy bears while Han Solo was frozen. Didn't work for me.

Saw the 'newer' trilogy and thought it was cinematic wanking. All special effects but no substance. The kid was shite in the Ben Hur chariot race do over, Mcagregor was a cardboard cutout and Hayden Christiansen arguably one of the worst actors in Hollywood.

I was interested in the recent lot as Abrams did a decent job with Star Trek but FFS man I was expecting more than the first story just recycled but with a bewer in the main role. Killed any enthusiasm I may have had to see the rest.

Hence my bantastic retort 'immature shite for bairns'. ;)
Ah yes, all of those are real. Unlike Sci-fi :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back