Star Wars episode 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last series one was a direct rehash of the first film, IIRC. Grossing well with nostalgic nerds doesn't really say much for a film's quality, IMHO. You just have to look at how popular some of these garbage comic movies and TV shows are, for example. Each to their own, like.
Fair enough questioning the quality and originality of the new films (though I personally enjoyed them), just seemed a strange turn of phrase to suggest it's dead as a franchise considering it seems to be more alive than ever in my opinion.

Fair enough questioning the quality and originality of the new films (though I personally enjoyed them), just seemed a strange turn of phrase to suggest it's dead as a franchise considering it seems to be more alive than ever in my opinion.
Maybe not the best choice of words but you get what I mean, I assume? They're hardly pushing the boundaries of film-writing with continuous Star Wars films yet people blindly lap it up.

Maybe not the best choice of words but you get what I mean, I assume? They're hardly pushing the boundaries of film-writing with continuous Star Wars films yet people blindly lap it up.
Yeah, I get what you mean now. I think it was a valid gripe people had with The Force Awakens, though as I say, I personally still loved it - I acknowledge this was probably mainly nostalgia fueled. What did you think of Rogue One?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think that Luke's speech at the end is just her having a vision, a la Empire.

Don't reckon it'll be as good as Rogue One though.

Well we will find out, personally i am not judging it, but that trailer was great, one thing i do no for sure, its marked in the diary that is for sure.

He didnt.

There not great but are watchable and I still enjoy them.
Watch red letter media's Plinket reviews of them, they are better than the films.

how did lucas get parts 1 , 2 and 3 so badly wrong !!!!!
He had total control, and he's not that good a writer or director. There are good films in all three prequels imo, its just hidden amongs a mixture of crappy dialogue and CGI shenanigans.

Last edited:
Does not give much away, but Im looking forward to it. Hopefully now they have set the scene, they will get going with some original story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back