Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw a lad I know on Strava running with the striders tonight on the track, we’re you in that? DB if you know him? MLF too

It was a Striders session aye, there was about 50 people there and a few new faces to be honest, the back end of last year I didn’t get down much because of my knee.

Not setting any time targets this year, just working on recovery from hib labral tear and currently on week 4 of a 6 month training plan with the Calderdale Way Ultra in June.

Finding it frustrating that recovery is taking so long but all down to stubbornness and naivety.

Kick up the arse and focusing a lot more on strengthening and the stuff I neglected now out of necessity, but want to do it properly from now on and ending up much better.

Only target this year is to drop a few kilograms and just run. A month on holiday eating shit food and not training at all makes EJK a proper fat bastard.

Cracking start to the year, shaved a minute off my half marathon time for a new PB of 1:36.16 😁 My new trainers are doing the business

Well done that's a good time!

What are you wearing? I really like my Nike Pegasus 36.

I have had a toe nail fall off this morning like, when I wear my trail shoes and go down declines I always bash them up. My feet are pretty cut up at the minute like, running & wearing in some new shoes has fucked my heal. Also felt my hips were stiff AF today; still going to try and get a long run on sunday above 20m.

I have had a toe nail fall off this morning like, when I wear my trail shoes and go down declines I always bash them up. My feet are pretty cut up at the minute like, running & wearing in some new shoes has fucked my heal. Also felt my hips were stiff AF today; still going to try and get a long run on sunday above 20m.
Reebok Floatride Run 2.0s, was using the 1.0s last year but these are way more comfortable. Could just be placebo effect but I'm not complaining haha. I'm lucky, I've been running about 4 years and I've had no injuries except a brief bout of shin splints....my feet are all calloused up and some of my toenails are black like

Last edited:

I always go a size up on trails.

Had zoom flys last year, liked them but got pegasus 36 this year for £42. Dont look as cushiony on the heel as the flys tho. Will try them this week.

Had zoom flys last year, liked them but got pegasus 36 this year for £42. Dont look as cushiony on the heel as the flys tho. Will try them this week.
I've ditched my 36's they are too spongy for me, not a great deal of response from them. I prefered the 35's.

As i'm a member of Vitality, I get 50% off trainers once a year. Just bought a pair of Zoomfly 3's for £75. Very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back