Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do both so I have Spotify playing alongside the Couch to 5k app. Then when the coach needs to speak it turns down the volume on Spotify so you can hear the coach then once the coach finishes speaking Spotify goes back on again.

And yes. After completing the programme I can do it without stopping. You do get the odd bad day and little niggles. That’s a sign of age I suppose. It’s hard on the Monday after a weekend on the pop as well. Stuff like that. Some runs are easy and some are a pain in the arse to get through.
It's a double edged sword with me as atm I have chest and back pain asthma as well so it puts you off running but if you do it it might help with the issues a bit.

It's a double edged sword with me as atm I have chest and back pain asthma as well so it puts you off running but if you do it it might help with the issues a bit.

Hope you get back on track mate. Start slow.

Anyone ever had knee trouble, like a sharp excruciating pain like in the left side joint? Seems only to happen when road running and not treadmilling. Really want to start running again but after 10 mins on the road I get that really bad pain and it puts me off and out for a while.

Anyone ever had knee trouble, like a sharp excruciating pain like in the left side joint? Seems only to happen when road running and not treadmilling. Really want to start running again but after 10 mins on the road I get that really bad pain and it puts me off and out for a while.

i was seeing a physio last year about my knees, basically he said i didn't have enough muscle down the sides of my legs and it was overloading my knee. gave me a few resistance band exercises to do, basic stuff, and worked a treat. must have worked some muscles that don't get worked properly when running

i was seeing a physio last year about my knees, basically he said i didn't have enough muscle down the sides of my legs and it was overloading my knee. gave me a few resistance band exercises to do, basic stuff, and worked a treat. must have worked some muscles that don't get worked properly when running
Cheers for reply mate. I'm more leaning towards the impact of a hard surface because I have less of an issue while using a treadmill. Seems about 10 mins into road running it's unbareable and I end up hobbling home. Been reading and some say it's cartridge, but I'm sure a few year back I had it on the opposite knee and it went. Its very frustrating when wanting to do something to have to give up immediately.

Looking at my training plan for Edinburgh half on 30th May.

Wondering if should bother even starting it as can't see it going ahead, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back