Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sunderland 10k was the first race I ever done so I always go back to it....but this year I'm gunna do the HM....want to do the Pier to Pier as well as I've heard good things.....Run Nation has expanded their events this year...the one at Hartlepool in July catches my eye
I'm aware there are many better runners than me on this thread but a bit of advice to any new year's resolutioners remember this....a slow run is better than no run, keep at it and the results will follow

Last edited:
Anyone know anyone doing the spine race? My running club has got a couple in it and they are going class, dot watching here if that’s your thing - Live Tracking

Love dot watching but that's confusing not having separate for the different races.

One of our friends is doing the shorter one that started yesterday , she's around 60 miles

Elaine is the lass involved, she’s First Lady at the minute and got a canny gap, then a lad called Stuart Scott who’s not far behind her, both going well, I thought this sort of thing might be your bag?
I'll keep an eye out on them.

7 days is far too long for me like :lol: :lol:

I think they are doing the challenger one rather than the whole job. I didn’t realise there was multiple events at once, still a canny trek mind!
Ah, wimps! Maybe the challenger one day.
Bit of a stinker at the brass monkey today, 74:38. Hamstrings tightened right up at 8 mile and the race became a right struggle. Few miserable days of stretching and foam rolling ahead :rolleyes:
One bad run doesn't make a bad runner. At least you got it done, just recover well and move on. I've been doing leg swings before a run, I had a dodgy hamstring at the end of November, seems to help.

Last edited:

One bad run doesn't make a bad runner. At least you got it done, just recover well and move on. I've been doing leg swings before a run, I had a dodgy hamstring at the end of November, seems to help.
Cheers Dan, I’d built my winter training around this race and then this hamstring bother started on Tuesday. Bit gutted as I’d been running great for a few weeks. That’s running I suppose :)

Doesn’t seem to be much further than the lakeside 100 for the challenger, Elaine loves that as well, going back for another go this year I think because her calf held her up badly last year when she was well placed.

Doesn’t seem to be much further than the lakeside 100 for the challenger, Elaine loves that as well, going back for another go this year I think because her calf held her up badly last year when she was well placed.
I originally thought you meant the longer spine. Maybe the challenger in a few years.

Elaine must be mad.
Cheers Dan, I’d built my winter training around this race and then this hamstring bother started on Tuesday. Bit gutted as I’d been running great for a few weeks. That’s running I suppose :)
Shouldn't have ran really

I originally thought you meant the longer spine. Maybe the challenger in a few years.

Elaine must be mad.

Shouldn't have ran really

She’s pretty rapid over short stuff as well but loves owt that’s crazy distance, are you doing the Lakeland again this year?

She’s pretty rapid over short stuff as well but loves owt that’s crazy distance, are you doing the Lakeland again this year?
I'm in for the 50, aiming for under 10 hours.

Making their way into the Montane Spine Challenger finish line in Hawes shortly will be 3rd placed Chris Brookman 316, and 1st woman Elaine Bisson 314.
The finish line team have the banners up and the kettle on.
#spinerace

Get a massage booked in this week and just give yourself an easy fortnight if you can.
Your old rival Dicka is running again I noticed so you can’t afford to be injured , hopefully just a minor pull

Get a massage booked in this week and just give yourself an easy fortnight if you can.
Your old rival Dicka is running again I noticed so you can’t afford to be injured , hopefully just a minor pull
Ha ha, well I’m not gonna have an easy fortnight now I know that :D

Feeling the benefit of the strength work like, even if still being hampered by the hip pain. Can actually feel my glutes working, which have always been weak.

Sincerely hope that I can be pain free. Not entirely sure what long term effects hip labral tears can have when not having surgery.

Reactions: D.A
I'm in for the 50, aiming for under 10 hours.

Making their way into the Montane Spine Challenger finish line in Hawes shortly will be 3rd placed Chris Brookman 316, and 1st woman Elaine Bisson 314.
The finish line team have the banners up and the kettle on.
#spinerace

The next lass in is going to be getting on for an hour behind her, she’s absolutely monstered that course, the overnight conditions were rank as well.

Reactions: D.A
I did a marathon this morning for my long run, I ran it at 10:20 miles trying to replicate what I'll be doing next month in my ultra race. Usual training this week from Tuesday, probably a half on Sunday and then looking for a 30 the weekend after...probably in the Lake District.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back