Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some great unaffiliated runners I see , not everyone wants to be in a club , was just a thought :D
I'm in my running decline now and only run to keep myself fit, though I would love a running club, but they all run too late on an evening for me.

All my current PBS were set in my late 40s. I got a lot smarter about how I was training & particularly recovery than when I was in my 20s & 30s.
That's brilliant, hope I'm still running well in my late 40s. I feel the same re being smarter & recovery. Took my fitness for granted when I was younger and never listened to advice.

20 miles today in 3:20 on the watch, although stopped twice for a few mins to do some stretching.

The difference between today and an 18 I did in early December was really big and it wasn’t daunting either.

Thankyou to everyone who recommended interval training, I feel like those intense sessions have helped a lot in all aspects of what I’m doing 👍

Trying to get back to my marathon plan after a few set backs. Was meant to run 12m today, managed just over 10k. Fuck! Hoping it’ll come back to me fairly fast, VO2 max has dropped but only 3 points
I've dropped 3 points since the middle of Dec too, can really notice the difference.

Back following Run Less Run Faster programme starting today, aim is to try for a sub 1:30 at Sunderland HM.

Last edited:
Reactions: D.A
I've dropped 3 points since the middle of Dec too, can really notice the difference.

Back following Run Less Run Faster programme starting today, aim is to try for a sub 1:30 at Sunderland HM.
yer I'm following that too. My heart rate was 198 when I stopped yesterday, and it was a slow pace! Got 11 weeks to pull myself back from oblivion. Meant to run 14 miles this week on my long run! Fuck!

For anyone thinking of giving running a go. Don’t worry if you’ve never tried it, and think you’ll be too slow. All beginners are in the same boat!
Give it a go, you might surprise yourself!

Sunderland Strollers

Anyone wanting to start running, for fitness or for a future race,our running club is starting a beginners course soon - details below

Please note NEW DAY & NEW VENUE.

Starting on Monday 20th January for 16 weeks.
Meeting at St Nicholas church hall (opposite the barnes pub)
Starting at 6.30pm get there early to register.
Pay £10 upfront for the whole course or choose to pay £1.00 per week.

Whats this VO2 and heartrate crack? Each to their own but that sort of stuff is for serious athletes, get a plan and judge progress from times/effort.
most people run with a watch that tells you this info nowadays, it's easily accessible to anyone. Seeing VO2 max go up can be encouraging and helps you keep on track, for me anyway. Effort is directly linked to heart rate.

Whats this VO2 and heartrate crack? Each to their own but that sort of stuff is for serious athletes, get a plan and judge progress from times/effort.
You can leave VO2 max to one side, however if you have the ability to track your heart rate via smart watch it is definitely worth keeping an eye on.

For anyone thinking of giving running a go. Don’t worry if you’ve never tried it, and think you’ll be too slow. All beginners are in the same boat!
Give it a go, you might surprise yourself!

Sunderland Strollers

Anyone wanting to start running, for fitness or for a future race,our running club is starting a beginners course soon - details below

Please note NEW DAY & NEW VENUE.

Starting on Monday 20th January for 16 weeks.
Meeting at St Nicholas church hall (opposite the barnes pub)
Starting at 6.30pm get there early to register.
Pay £10 upfront for the whole course or choose to pay £1.00 per week.
@tunstall birdman , be milftastic mate, fill your boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back