Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

took a tumble on saturday on my long run. Sore as fuck today.

Must have looked like a nutter at Durham parkrun; ripped jacket, kness with blood running down them, hand cut up and hydration vest on.

I did the Brass Monkey half marathon yesterday down York. Always a good one to start the year off. Only managed a couple of training runs, what with an all inclusive holiday to Tenerife and then Christmas. I surprised myself with a 1:45 thought I'd be closer to 2 hrs. Anyway its motivated me for my next events, Manchester marathon in April and an ultra in June.

Was just starting to do the odd short run (and bike/swim) then a car wiped me out at weekend , cuts all over and walking like John Wayne , leg and hip both very sore and swollen . FFS never gonna get to run again

Feeling the miles a bit at the moment with some stress at work too, 10k this morning was very hard to step out of the door for...and currently in McDonald’s post McMuffin breakfast :D treadmill tomorrow for some sprints, parkrun Saturday and ullswater way or Bamburgh coast on Sunday.

Then I need a week to dial it back I think
Was just starting to do the odd short run (and bike/swim) then a car wiped me out at weekend , cuts all over and walking like John Wayne , leg and hip both very sore and swollen . FFS never gonna get to run again
What do you mean it wiped you out? Are you pursuing it or innocent accident?

Shit luck hope you recover quickly

tried to overtake me on the inside speeding just as about to hit a roundabout down hendon, completely cut me off and literally missed by 1-2 cm, my back wheel just went and i went with bike headfirst (had clip in pedals on), could have been worse as helmet has a dent in , wanker just drove off , couple people pulled up but nobody got his reg unfortunately

tried to overtake me on the inside speeding just as about to hit a roundabout down hendon, completely cut me off and literally missed by 1-2 cm, my back wheel just went and i went with bike headfirst (had clip in pedals on), could have been worse as helmet has a dent in , wanker just drove off , couple people pulled up but nobody got his reg unfortunately
Dont know how people have it in them to drive off after something like that.

Also still see cyclists without helmets on...!

It sounds like you’ve been relatively lucky in terms of what might have been, although shit overall.

Feeling the miles a bit at the moment with some stress at work too, 10k this morning was very hard to step out of the door for...and currently in McDonald’s post McMuffin breakfast :D treadmill tomorrow for some sprints, parkrun Saturday and ullswater way or Bamburgh coast on Sunday.

Then I need a week to dial it back I think

I'm not surprised you're knackered. You ran a marathon. You're going to get injured.

15 miles in my legs so far this week, 10k Monday easy pace, 6 miles Wednesday in an interval session and then an easy 5k today, starting to feel a lot stronger again.

yer, two and a bit times round the park.
Sound, might give this a go this Saturday.

I've applied for the GNR ballot so looking to get a few miles in before i ramp my training up from March.

Was out for a little 3 mile loop this morning and did it in 20 mins 55 secs so intrigued to see what i could do the Parkrun in as its hilly as out round mine. :lol:

In my 49th year, ive applied for GNR, seen a bit of the coverage over the 40th year and got a bit nostaligic, not sure how my knees will cope!
Going to give the Shields park run ago this Saturday.
A trundle along the seafront...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back