Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoping to do the Sunderland half, hopefully the Pier to Pier, and despite vowing never to do the gnr ever again I'm going to try and enter. As far as PB's go, sub 22 for 5k, sub 46 for 10k and anything on or around 1.45 for a half

Only started running regularly a few months back so I'm seeing my times improve all of the time and it's hard to know what's a reachable target. I'm doing my first marathon in March, would love sub 3.30 but 3.45 might be more realistic at the minute.

Hopefully stay injury free and running for the full year, I'll see how the run in March goes and might target a quicker time at an Oct/Nov marathon with a better base built up

Should hopefully see my HM drop below 1.35, 1.30 might be a stretch too far

I've noticed I'm considerably slower than I was 10 years ago, a sub 20 minute 5k was easy, now I struggle to get under 22 mins.

I'm 53 this year so have to slow down, I still play football and enjoy it, I'm going to do the triathlon again this year and try to win my catagory again.

So my targets are to just keep fit and keep running. I'm going to try to run 500k in 2020.

What are your goals for next year?

Sub 3 hour marathon.
Sub 10 hours lakeland 50.
Set personal bests in every race.
Just to run for the 1st 3 month as see we’re I am after that, a 10k our hm pb later in the year is my realistic goal, easy 10k today to start the year

Reactions: D.A
Trying to get under 4 hours at Manchester (4.25 last year) I need to shift soem weight to do this as running distance but too slowly. Clocked 18 miles today biut as only started at 2.30 it was dark by half way point and just got colder as it went on. The fall at Grindon Mill didn't help either :evil: :eek::oops: After Manchester I just want to get back to my club and enjoy the season.

Edinburgh marathon in may. At the moment it seems a step too far as when i finished a half marathon yesterday the thought of doing it all again scared the shite out of me 😂

Right now I just want to halt my decline or if that's not possible then at least slow it down a bit.

Started out with a double parkrun + another 3 miles.

North Tyneside 12km trail race this Sunday, however haven't run for 3 weeks as been away and don't arrive back in the UK till midday Saturday after a 27hr flight so will probably just plod around with some of my slower club runners

I've noticed I'm considerably slower than I was 10 years ago, a sub 20 minute 5k was easy, now I struggle to get under 22 mins.

I'm 53 this year so have to slow down, I still play football and enjoy it, I'm going to do the triathlon again this year and try to win my catagory again.

So my targets are to just keep fit and keep running. I'm going to try to run 500k in 2020.
22 mins 5k is still very good tbf. No matter how hard I try I still can't crack sub 22

Which triathlon doing ?

Started running again a few years ago and followed these threads all the long. It's been great to read about people enjoying their running, beating PBs, fighting back from injuries etc.

This is my first year starting as a V40 but I've been feeling great. I'm out to better all of my PBs that were all set in my 20s.

It's been superb to have ran a few XCs recently, hoping it'll give me a good base. Sherman Cup for me tomorrow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back