Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started running again a few years ago and followed these threads all the long. It's been great to read about people enjoying their running, beating PBs, fighting back from injuries etc.

This is my first year starting as a V40 but I've been feeling great. I'm out to better all of my PBs that were all set in my 20s.

It's been superb to have ran a few XCs recently, hoping it'll give me a good base. Sherman Cup for me tomorrow as well.
What club are you in?
I need to get into running but don't know where to start
Download strava, get your trainers on, get out the door. If you run for 1 minute, so what, build it up from there. Where do you live?

What club are you in?

Download strava, get your trainers on, get out the door. If you run for 1 minute, so what, build it up from there. Where do you live?
Seaburn with having asthma as well might take me longer to get into it, i just tend to lose interest easily its embarrassing how little i could do run to the end of the street id be blowing,

Guessing you have to push through things got back problems which put me off as well, might start treadmill for a start

The couch to 5k apps are class mate, they drill you on when to run and when to walk, pretty sure they start on 1 minute run intervals too, you’ll be amazed where you’re at in a month if you give it a go.

What club are you in?

Sunderland Harriers mate. Had ran for the Strollers in the past. I'm just glad I joined someone. Thought I could be happy doing my own thing but it doesn't compare to running with/for a club.

Reactions: D.A
Guessing you have to push through things got back problems which put me off as well, might start treadmill for a start
Get outside and do it, fresh air is toppa
Sunderland Harriers mate. Had ran for the Strollers in the past. I'm just glad I joined someone. Thought I could be happy doing my own thing but it doesn't compare to running with/for a club.
I run for the strollers, we can't win tomorra so we don't bother. Plus I'm going to the match.

Rejoined the gym but can only go on the bike and treadmill on lowest settings for now. Going for the first time tomorrow so see how that goes, recovery has been frustratingly slow up to now.
Keeping my targets for the year simple and just aiming for a Park Run. Sure I'll be more confident as the year goes on but I need to find a way balancing the exercise with the shit ton of drugs I'm on and recognising what is just normal exercise pain rather than heart related.

I did a test run on Thursday morning which was the last day to register and nearly died after 2.5 miles. Did you enjoy it?

I really wanted to do it but I’d just end up walking it.
Yes mate I did the 10 mile, it was good! I finished 26th in 1hr 19. The course had a 1200ft climb right at the start and another tasty one at the end, and was actually 9.65 mile which was a shame. I am confident this was my best "10 mile" effort I've done given the steep start and second hill. Happy with it!

it is a shame about not feeling it on Thursday, but at least it's the start of the year.

I am going to try a long run tomorrow .

Got through the Sherman Cup today and that’s really all I can say for it, it’s been a while since I’ve ran nearly 6 miles though so from that perspective it was good, no repercussions from my knee, so a successful day all in all.
Yip got thro it, didnt feel well yesterday and last night but ran it then to match so was pleased to gee it done, slower than previous efforts tho. Muddier than normal there like.

Started running again a few years ago and followed these threads all the long. It's been great to read about people enjoying their running, beating PBs, fighting back from injuries etc.

This is my first year starting as a V40 but I've been feeling great. I'm out to better all of my PBs that were all set in my 20s.

It's been superb to have ran a few XCs recently, hoping it'll give me a good base. Sherman Cup for me tomorrow as well.

All my current PBS were set in my late 40s. I got a lot smarter about how I was training & particularly recovery than when I was in my 20s & 30s.

Trying to get back to my marathon plan after a few set backs. Was meant to run 12m today, managed just over 10k. Fuck! Hoping it’ll come back to me fairly fast, VO2 max has dropped but only 3 points

Did a 5k yesterday in 21:09, bit downhill, but still not bad for a fat lad.

Join a local club ? Especially if doing Tri also ?
I've done them here before, and normally I run 3, 4 or 5k before work, and other days I cycle 10k to work, the club's normally workout at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back