Running Thread 2018

Cheers mate, will do. Someone recommended doing something similiar, working next few weekends then I'll be regestering for it. How is it?

Decent test mate, starts on a hill and ends on one. I’ve done a few locally and it’s my preference of the courses I’ve done so far.

There’s 5ks by Souter lighthouse and Mowbray Park now as well on Sundays, been meaning to register for those, they are free as well.

What sort out warm ups/cool downs do people do?

When I was doing Couch to 5k the brisk walking worked great but now I'm doing longer seem to be getting pain in one of my knees the next day so wanting to make sure I'm doing the right warm ups/stretching etc.

When I was doing Couch to 5k the brisk walking worked great but now I'm doing longer seem to be getting pain in one of my knees the next day so wanting to make sure I'm doing the right warm ups/stretching etc.

All depends what kind of run I am doing, if its just a normal plod out for miles in the bank I don't warm up at all just a few stretches during the day, if its for a tempo our speed session 1-2 miles at a easy pace and similar afterwards, ref the bad knees I struggled for about 4 month at the back end of last year with pain in my right knee, I tried stretches, massages and a few other things and nowt worked, At the end of last year I bought 2 pairs of trainers built cushioning and the pains have nearly all gone, im not saying it will work for you but have a look at your footwear

I've signed up for the GNR just hopefully get through the ballot. I haven't done it for about 5 year and I was massively over weight last time I done it and it hurt.

I want to lose another 21lbs before I start running again which may take another couple of months but hopefully come Easter time I'll be back on the roads running. In the mean time it's swimming and cycling

I did bear runs around the house before a 30 minute (about 4 miles I think) run today. I find that the later in the day the less warming up is necessary as i’ve obviously walked around a bit already.

I don’t do any stretching before a run, usually too knackered to do any afterwards so I get in a warm shower ASAP.

Got off to a bad start this year and pulled my groin. I mustn't have warmed up properly before my first run. It now hurts like hell even when I'm at work. I'll rest a few days and see how I feel :cry:

Done fuck all since the summer and must have put a Clem on since then. Decided to sign up for the GNR and Sunderland 10k.

Just did run 1 from couch to 5k. Had a bit of a pant and a sweat on but thought "That's not bad".

Then Jo Wiley congratulated be for running for 8 minutes. 8 f***ing minutes man. :lol:

I’ve signed up for the Alnwick Harriers Coastsl run and the GNR. Considering just doing 10k runs after that. Started this year doing the run every day campaign for MIND. Legs feel strong already and good for the motivation,good platform hopefully as I’ve hard the coastal run is a beast

Has anyone done the Hartlepool Marina 5 mile road race before? wondering how competitive it is, as I doubt I'll be up to full fitness by then.

Managed to beat my 23.00 target for 5k .it was easier than I thought, I seem to be shedding 30 seconds off my time every week, I'm sure I will plateau soon.

Just waiting to see if I get on the GNR, if not I will do one in London .

How long have you been doing 5ks? Just before Christmas I started doing 5k runs every few days, first ones were over 28 mins but I'm now down to just below 27 mins. if I can lose 30 secs a week I'll be happy. I'd be over the moon with 23 mins

Back