Running Thread 2018

Had a few issue's with my right knee after a track session almost 2 weeks ago, since then i ran last Monday after resting still felt pain in the knee so i rested for another week went out last night and still having the same issues. Is more rest just the key or is it worth going to see someone about it?
I would ask a professional. I would personally go to sr acupuncture and tui na

Ok mate, I was hoping for somewhere nearer than Durham. Cheers.
I think there's a start in durham?

Yeah there is mate I used it a few year ago last time I bought running shoes. I was just hoping somewhere had opened closer to Sunderland/Seaham. I’ll probably go there tomorrow morning.

Yeah there is mate I used it a few year ago last time I bought running shoes. I was just hoping somewhere had opened closer to Sunderland/Seaham. I’ll probably go there tomorrow morning.

Ok thanks i'll give them a call

Ok thanks i'll give them a call

Next appointment is Monday, been advised to ice pack it for 20mins then heat pack for 20mins see if that helps.

Last edited:
if anyone doing blaydon race , entries are mon/tues night, gonna be on at 3pm this year, so if its a hot day ,which it often is, you'll be fucked:lol:.. plus side is it leaves plenty of time for beers afterwards

thought about tempting fate and entering the GNR but find the £55 hard to justify

Didn’t get in the GNR this year, didn’t think I’d be arsed but I was quite disappointed tbh. Enjoyed it the last few years.

Good luck to those doing it, it is a cracking event despite the cost

if anyone doing blaydon race , entries are mon/tues night, gonna be on at 3pm this year, so if its a hot day ,which it often is, you'll be fucked:lol:.. plus side is it leaves plenty of time for beers afterwards

thought about tempting fate and entering the GNR but find the £55 hard to justify
Aye, seen that. It could be savage! Are you entering? Surely you’ll be fit by then :)

No GNR for me. Only signed up because the missus did and therefore no doubt I would be going to the finishing line anyway. Might just hit the beer tent.

Think i wil do haltwhistle half a few weeks later, half the price and less than 300 runners.

Didn’t get in the GNR this year, didn’t think I’d be arsed but I was quite disappointed tbh. Enjoyed it the last few years.

Good luck to those doing it, it is a cracking event despite the cost

Aye, seen that. It could be savage! Are you entering? Surely you’ll be fit by then :)
You can get guaranteed entry.

What's the date of it?

Back