Running Thread 2018

Like a bloody ice rink where I live so had a drive to seaburn and ran over there and managed by best 11k time of 54.42 so well chuffed with that.

And that includes a climb up a bloody mountain next to the bridge that almost finished me off.

Did my half marathon route today in 2:09, one minute off a PB which I'm chuffed with considering it was chucking it down all the way around and some of the route resembled tough mudder.

Didn't wear my undershirt though and paying a heavy price now. INTENSE NIPPLE PAIN.

Like a bloody ice rink where I live so had a drive to seaburn and ran over there and managed by best 11k time of 54.42 so well chuffed with that.

And that includes a climb up a bloody mountain next to the bridge that almost finished me off.
Why 11km?

I know it’s not much what so ever but having not done any cardio work at all since I started the gym last May I’ve recenty been adding cardio sessions in. I’ve done fitness type based exercises but never log endurance type stuff.

Completed 1.5k on the treadmill the other night with no stops. I could never run for 30 seconds non stop before.

Hopefully keep adding to it and be able to do 5, 10k in the next couple of months

Just got my first run of the year (early December was my last) under my belt. It was only 2 miles but felt Ok. Will build up as the weeks go on and hopefully fighting fit for the Sunderland half marathon in May

Done 2k on a treadmill last night. Done 3 runs on the couch to 5k inside a week and now moving up to week 2 tomorrow. Hoping to be back on the streets next month when it gets a bit warmer.

Signed up for Kielder marathon. :lol:

Done a few half marathons over the years although I just rocked up for those as playing plenty foot ball and being a decent fitness saw me through around a couple of hours. Any tips would be welcome. How often per week and how far etc

I'm starting again, been around a year since the last run so it's gonna be a slow start. What apps do people recommend? I've always used Strava in the past like.

I'm starting again, been around a year since the last run so it's gonna be a slow start. What apps do people recommend? I've always used Strava in the past like.

Parkruns are ideal for starting out in my experience. I use strava and I use iSmoothRun, you can set your own intervals on that as well as your pace per mile to stop you going too fast/slow. You can also target distance or time you want to on that run, cracking app.

Parkruns are ideal for starting out in my experience. I use strava and I use iSmoothRun, you can set your own intervals on that as well as your pace per mile to stop you going too fast/slow. You can also target distance or time you want to on that run, cracking app.

Cheers mate, I'll download it now. Not looking forward to getting back into it but trying to drop around 3 stone by around July.

Cheers mate, I'll download it now. Not looking forward to getting back into it but trying to drop around 3 stone by around July.

No bother, if you’re ever heading to silky parkrun drop me a PM, I’m doing a lot of miles at the minute so I’m not running especially fast.

No bother, if you’re ever heading to silky parkrun drop me a PM, I’m doing a lot of miles at the minute so I’m not running especially fast.

Cheers mate, will do. Someone recommended doing something similiar, working next few weekends then I'll be regestering for it. How is it?

Back