Running Thread 2018

Happy New year. Currently dying from whatever bug is going round so if I ever manage to shake it off 2018 will be.

Dalton park 10k
Sunderland 10
Maybe some other 10k's
Get to half marathon level

In this one early. Goals for 2018:

Run consistently 4 times a week
Pier to Pier
Great North Run (no time goal, just finish)
1098 miles for the year (average 21 mpw)

Was going for a pb at the brass monkey, but I'm still too fat to run quick. Also the cold doesn't agree with me and struggling with my breathing when I try to do tempo runs.

Hardmoors saltburn marathon in February.
Hardmoors 55 miles in March.
London marathon in April.
Running holiday to Chamonix in May.
St begas ultra end of May.
24 hour race at gibside in June.
Lakeland 100 in July.

Duathlon in March.
Chester deva half iron distance triathlon in June.
Triathlon x half iron distance triathlon in September (utterly brutal).

Quiet year planned really. Just want to stay injury free and enjoy my running.

Was going for a pb at the brass monkey, but I'm still too fat to run quick. Also the cold doesn't agree with me and struggling with my breathing when I try to do tempo runs.

Hardmoors saltburn marathon in February.
Hardmoors 55 miles in March.
London marathon in April.
Running holiday to Chamonix in May.
St begas ultra end of May.
24 hour race at gibside in June.
Lakeland 100 in July.

Duathlon in March.
Chester deva half iron distance triathlon in June.
Triathlon x half iron distance triathlon in September (utterly brutal).

Quiet year planned really. Just want to stay injury free and enjoy my running.
You must’ve spent a fortune entering all that :)

Im aiming to really get into running, I play plenty football and go to the gym but the running malarky iv barely got into. I really fancy doing the Sunderland 10k and a few 5k and 10k's etc. I would do the park run every Saturday morning at silks worth but always got this feeling I will get injured before Sunday league football.....stupid I know :lol:

Hoping to improve on my first year of running, looking to beat all my current PB's:- 5K 24:29, 10K 49:19, Half Marathon 1:56:35.

Only have Sunderland Half booked in at the moment but will be looking to enter more in the next month or so.

Started a bit of Trail running at the end of last year up Penshaw so i may explorer that area a bit more and enter into the Trail Outlaws 2018 Season Ticket.

Fingers crossed Mate you turn it round sooner rather than later . Did Steve Riley help at all ?
1st session did, 2nd made it worse I think. Good at what he does but not what I need. Gonna try another couple weeks exercises and stretches before starting to run slow again. If that fails might have to look into private surgery or just pack in and put a couple of stone on ha.

Back