Running Thread 2018

Was it a decent course ?
Aye. I think as only ever done the sunderland 10k in 2014

Bit muddy for about 1.5 km. Which slowed me down I think but that worked okay later on.

Then down a road and around a roundabout - then up a never ending road, then down the other side the never ending road and then back up it again on the path and back round to the shopping centre

How long have you been doing 5ks? Just before Christmas I started doing 5k runs every few days, first ones were over 28 mins but I'm now down to just below 27 mins. if I can lose 30 secs a week I'll be happy. I'd be over the moon with 23 mins
Yeah your times sound similar to mine. I've done them on and off for two years, usually more in the summer when the football season was over so I had no game. However my knee wasn't liking football so I gave that up and started running more. The main thing however is that I've started cycling to work and that's had a huge impact on my times I think .

Long underwear is essential.
Thanks for the advice, I'll buy some long John's or something.

Just slapped a bit vaseline on before my run today which did the trick.

I didn't even get it from a run, just took the dog on a longer walk as I wasn't doing a run yesterday. :lol:

I need some new running shoes preferably cushioned as me knees get a bit tender. Is there anywhere locally (Seaham) that does proper fitting, I used Start Fitness for my current pair but that was 8 year ago.

I need some new running shoes preferably cushioned as me knees get a bit tender. Is there anywhere locally (Seaham) that does proper fitting, I used Start Fitness for my current pair but that was 8 year ago.
Start fitness

Thanks for the advice, I'll buy some long John's or something.

Just slapped a bit vaseline on before my run today which did the trick.

I didn't even get it from a run, just took the dog on a longer walk as I wasn't doing a run yesterday. :lol:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071S8Y...t=&hvlocphy=1007133&hvtargid=pla-400217787241

I use reebok. Had no issues.

Had a few issue's with my right knee after a track session almost 2 weeks ago, since then i ran last Monday after resting still felt pain in the knee so i rested for another week went out last night and still having the same issues. Is more rest just the key or is it worth going to see someone about it?

Back