Running Thread 2018

Did York yesterday, bloody awful in the pissing down rain, new PB at 3.33.57 was on for 3.30 up to last 6 miles started dropping 20-30 seconds a mile and whilst HR was fine just couldnt get the legs going any faster. Was pleased though no slow march of death last few miles and feel i did the best I could have done. Need to do some core training though think that was what more slowed me down at end.

Bastard knee is sore now. Going for a 3 mile run tonight as hope it's just the arthritis, which the doctor said I was okay to run with.

Only really hurts when I walk down the stairs or lunge. Doesnt hurt when I walk and guess I'll find out shortly if it hurts when I run.

Bloody annoying this getting old shite.

23.36 for 3 miles. Pain throughout but could it be an injury with a time that quick. Could even be my quickest 3 miles.

Pain seemed to ease off and wasn't as bad after 2 miles. Ice and rest and hopefully just the arthritis playing up Thanks to it not being happy with the increased miles.

Does anyone know if you can pay for a private scan to be done in case it doesn't go away.

Last edited:
Bastard knee is sore now. Going for a 3 mile run tonight as hope it's just the arthritis, which the doctor said I was okay to run with.

Only really hurts when I walk down the stairs or lunge. Doesnt hurt when I walk and guess I'll find out shortly if it hurts when I run.

Bloody annoying this getting old shite.

23.36 for 3 miles. Pain throughout but could it be an injury with a time that quick. Could even be my quickest 3 miles.

Pain seemed to ease off and wasn't as bad after 2 miles. Ice and rest and hopefully just the arthritis playing up Thanks to it not being happy with the increased miles.

Does anyone know if you can pay for a private scan to be done in case it doesn't go away.

I've had that. It was a torn Meniscus & took 2 months before it was fully healed. I'd get it checked out because if you aggravate it you could end up with a locked knee & needing surgery.

I've had that. It was a torn Meniscus & took 2 months before it was fully healed. I'd get it checked out because if you aggravate it you could end up with a locked knee & needing surgery.
Does seem that it might not be the arthritis as it was really sore last night. Could be tendentious on the knee. So, that's my running done until the pain goes away.

Gutted.

Is that the only time you are allowed out?
Allowed? No. Easiest for the family? Yes.

I get in from work, help feed the kids, play with them for a bit, then bathtime, get them ready for bed, bottle then into bed. Then I cook tea, don’t settle having finished tea till about 8.30pm

I have managed to finish work a bit early the last couple of days and got out late afternoon

Allowed? No. Easiest for the family? Yes.

I get in from work, help feed the kids, play with them for a bit, then bathtime, get them ready for bed, bottle then into bed. Then I cook tea, don’t settle having finished tea till about 8.30pm

I have managed to finish work a bit early the last couple of days and got out late afternoon
You need to tell your husband to look after them occasionally ;)

Seriously though explain to the spoilt little ***** that if you don’t run x3 times per week then you’ll die at a young age and that they’ll be sent to the J. Saville Orphanage.

Brass monkey sold out already!

Sells out inside the 1st hour of going on sale every year. 1800 places this year as well which I'm pretty sure is more than previous years. 1499 started the race last year & they allow places to be transferred until a couple of weeks before so there's not usually any unused places.

Back