Running Thread 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad I was talking to on the metro , can’t remener your username ! Said you not run again cos of Achilles , drop me a PM

would still beat you fatty buster

nah this lad had bad achilles injury which i had couple year back was just gonna recommend certain physio in sland if he wanted it anyway, he was a stroller

this man has a point
What distance? I fancy my chances over 1 mile and over 10 mile.

What did he look like? Acupuncture helped my achilles, soleus

What distance? I fancy my chances over 1 mile and over 10 mile.

What did he look like? Acupuncture helped my achilles, soleus

100 yards dash... only joking, im ruined mate, will never race again , was bending your missus ear on sat about changing clubs:D, good runner her , think couple of your women been up trying the sessions out the past couple of tuesdays

hes got a black beard and gegs, shite man.. should know his username as spoke on here in past, even got some pensions advice off him, said he hasn't run for a year now

100 yards dash... only joking, im ruined mate, will never race again , was bending your missus ear on sat about changing clubs:D, good runner her , think couple of your women been up trying the sessions out the past couple of tuesdays

hes got a black beard and gegs, shite man.. should know his username as spoke on here in past, even got some pensions advice off him, said he hasn't run for a year now
She's crap, doesn't train properly and she was still pissed on Saturday!

Cannot think of anyone.

shes not, decent runner IMO, would flourish in a club with more structured training , better runner than my missus
I'm joking about being crap.

She needs to look at her own training before thinking about other clubs. If you can't put the graft in then moving clubs is pointless.

@Shirley Shammel ???

I've been sick of my life but never cried.:lol:
I'm on medication for the gout and it dehydrates you so I have to drink gallons of water which then makes me piss loads so not sure how that's going to translate to me doing longer runs.
Bit of a vicious circle with the gout aggravating osteoarthritis and the osteoarthritis aggravating the gout.:evil: Suspect that it's been around longer than I realised as my left foot always swelled up after a run and all my knee problems were on my left side so I wonder whether I was over compensating.
Hopefully find out more next week and more blood tests in a few weeks to see if the medication is working or if it has to be upped again. Determined to do the Sunderland Half next year even if I have to hop round.

I've been getting gout attacks for 20 years marra, although the 1st 10 years were misdiagnosed as early onset Arthritis as I mostly get attacks in the knees & ankles rather than toes. Because of the misdiagnosis it got progressively worse until most months I was hobbling roughly 3 weeks out of every 4.

I couldn't get away with Allopurinol either, it left me feeling weak & without much appetite. I'm on febuxostat instead now & it's been amazing. No side effects, no big attacks since November, just a few minor flareups that I've been able to either train with or work around.

It's my longest period of uninterrupted training since my late twenties & This year I've managed a Marathon, 20 mile road race, 16 mile road race, 4 ½ Marathons, 4 10ks, a 5 miler & 14 parkruns. I've actually signed up for this winter's cross country season for the 1st time in years as the cold & wet & long time before getting them properly warm & dry combination used to almost guarantee an attack but I'm fairly confident it's under control now.

I feel like I'm absolutely flying. Got my usual 5.6 mile run down to 42.15 now (7.35 min miles), Im still a fat c.unt though which is a bit disappointing

Reactions: D.A
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back