Running Thread 2018

Inadvertently did my fastest 5k of the year this morning when it lashed down for the last mile of a 4 mile run so I had to put a spurt on.:lol:
Still got a mildly painful and swollen foot but I think it is manageable and I'm gradually building back up. I'll be happy if I'm doing regular comfortable 10k runs by the end of the year then I can work my way up to half marathon hopefully in time for the Sunderland one.

No routes yet? Assuming they will include Spire bridge.

What shoes required for Gibside, is it all on gravel type trail or grass?
Bit of grass. If it's a dry weekend, I would wear roads. If you're comfortable wearing trails, I would probably wear them.

You can normally just turn up pay on day , more of a social run only a handful race it , great cause though
@D.A
Aye you can normally turn up on the day. If you pay before hand at least they'll get an idea of numbers for bait.

Went for 5 mile run this morning but accidentally paused my watch after 1 mile so it feels like it doesn't count.:evil:
I did glance at it at one point and was very surprised to see that I was doing seven and a half minute miles but turns out it was just half seven in the morning.:lol:

Back