RR Roker Roundup: Marcus Maddison was offered to Sunderland this summer - but we turned him down

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s getting pelters from our fans based on misinformation from MacAnthony (maybe via Fry). I think he was quite right to set the record straight.

I didn’t expect him to say we’d be interested in him when his contract runs out mind. It’s the first time I’ve really given any credence to those suggesting we may make a move at a reduced rate for him.
Neither did I and that's class tbh. Proper funny. :lol:

I dunno - MacAnthony saying Hill 'didn't rate' Maddison, a player with an unrivaled goal and assist record in recent years for a midfielder at this level, made him look incompetent. Hill was right to clarify how that conversation actually went, IMO.
Totally agree. Sod Macanthony anyway, absolute chancer that bloke.

Photo by Matthew Lewis/Getty Images Sunderland’s Head of Football Operations, Richard Hill, has spoken to Roker Report about comments made by Darragh MacAnthony - the Peterborough United chairman - regarding a potential approach for their winger, Marcus Maddison. Earlier today we published a section of our Roker Rapport Xtra Podcast with...

More at Roker Report...

Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images “Things are going well - even the most pessimistic of fans cannot say otherwise as the results speak for themselves. As fans of the same entity, can we all just get along?” writes Anthony Gair. Between AFC Wimbledon and Burnley a lot has happened at Sunderland AFC, from the 3-1 win at the Stadium of Light, to...

More at Roker Report...

I dont care how many goals and assists he's got, if he's an arsehole off the pitch lets stay clear, do we need him when we have Maguire / McNulty that can fill the No.10 role?

Could he cut it in the Championship? thats the type of player we need to be looking at now, ones that can compete at the next level.

I know we are just handing out 1 and 2 year contracts at the minute, which is great, keeps the ball in our court, we can afford contracts to run down, who wouldnt want to play for us with the potential we now have?

Great that we have regained control.

I think he could safely cut it in the championship. This lad could be a potential PL player.

People allude to his off the field antics. What's he done exactly?
”Richard said to Barry along the lines of ‘We don’t rate him, I don’t anyway and there is no way that we will be bidding for Marcus Maddison.”

That’s the direct quote. Nothing about the dressing room, specifically says he doesn’t rate a player involved in nigh on 80 goals in 3 seasons.

We play them this weekend and they normally interview an opposition fan or someone connected with the opposition ahead of a game.

Well that's worrying.

Edit: Sounds like Hill has backtracked unless Peterborough are telling lies. He's now suggesting we may be interested when his contract runs down. The problem is, many other teams will be interested then.

Last edited:
Absolutely tremendous response, well played. :D

You have to imagine we’ll get him for a cut price deal now.
We'll either sign him on deadline day or in January imo. Or even offer a season long loan for 500k and sign him permanently for nothing next summer :D

I did sign in in the quinny years, under a different login..paddymacken..

And you didn’t get the idea of that name from this thread below?

Odd how you didn’t reply to the lad at the time with “that used to be my username”.

You’re full of shit man. Tucked completely
Weird how a certain poster vanishes from a thread

See my post below too...

Last edited:
Of course it could be more bollox from him just to put fire in Maddisons belly.

MacAnthony is a f***ing tool isn’t he. Talks way too much about other clubs and their business. Completely backfires 99 of 100 times as well :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back