question about south shields and football

Status
Not open for further replies.
after the accy match on saturday we were in the grey horse pub near the ground..we got talking to two sunderland fans..they said they were from south shields and I said "ah so your a sand dancer" and they took significant umbrage..
a guy who works for one of my clients is from souyth shields (though a mag) and he doesnt take offence at sand dancer,,,

is it a controversial term? or is it that those who are mags like the name and sunderland fans dont?

after the accy match on saturday we were in the grey horse pub near the ground..we got talking to two sunderland fans..they said they were from south shields and I said "ah so your a sand dancer" and they took significant umbrage..
a guy who works for one of my clients is from souyth shields (though a mag) and he doesnt take offence at sand dancer,,,

is it a controversial term? or is it that those who are mags like the name and sunderland fans dont?
They were probably annoyed at your use of your instead of you're.

Did they call you paddymackem ?

I was born and bread in shields and I have never heard any one from shields take offence at being called a sanddancer, just have to put people in there place who are not from the area and think we’re geordies, are we fuck were sanddancers and proud of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back