RR Roker Roundup: Marcus Maddison was offered to Sunderland this summer - but we turned him down

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a car was for sale for 50 grand and if u waited 6 months you could have it for free what would you do ?? Think people need to realise 2 million pound to the current owners is a hell of a a lot of money esp when you can get the player for free in less than a year if it was my money I know what I’d do
but they dont want him? in less than a year i hope we are in the champo..where maddison is unrpoven..no one in football rates maddison except the safc fans being manipulated by peterbreoughs didgy chairman..

but they dont want him? in less than a year i hope we are in the champo..where maddison is unrpoven..no one in football rates maddison except the safc fans being manipulated by peterbreoughs didgy chairman..
We might not be willing to take a 2 million pound risk with his reputation that all changes if he’s out of contract he becomes worth the risk if it doesn’t work out we can even sell him for a profit

It’s nothing to do with them not wanting him they are trying to get some money for him before he runs his contract down

Chris maguires a gobshite. We still signed him. Peterborough tried to get too much for him so he didn’t move. Not because no one rates him. He’s arguably the most talented player at this level but given his age and value no one has deemed a transfer worth the figures involved.
is chris maguire a gobshite? i dunno..JR would know as maguire is a scottish international...
no club will pay £2.5m for maddison,...which implies he isnt all that..Ive no doubt on a free transfer someone would take a punt..but thats hardly a reason to break the bank fr him now..

was he bollox...how would maguire have known who donald was? i keep hearing on here donald wasnt involved with oxford..wasnt on the board wasnt involved with running it...certainly not at the time maguire was there..so how would maguire have had donalds number?
maguire on the other hand is lad that played in scotland and got scotland caps...its quite a bit more likely ross knows him than donald does!

So was Donald a part owner of Oxford during the time Maguire was there or not?

So was Donald a part owner of Oxford during the time Maguire was there or not?
there was a time he was part owner yes dunno if it coincided with maguire....but he wasnt a director or employee..or running the club was he? so how would maguire have had his number?

put it this way, do you think maguire has juan sartoris number right now? and sartotri is a director..so much more involved..?

there was a time he was part owner yes dunno if it coincided with maguire....but he wasnt a director or employee..or running the club was he? so how would maguire have had his number?

put it this way, do you think maguire has juan sartoris number right now? and sartotri is a director..so much more involved..?

What the fuck does "having his number" got to do with it. :lol:

Donald was part owner during Maguires time at Oxford. As you know Donald is a lifelong fan of Oxford so will be fully aware of his contribution. Is it such a leap of faith to think.that he made a few phone calls when he took over here asking about various players....including some he'd seen playing well for the club he supported. Maguire is definitely a Donald led signing imo.

What the fuck does "having his number" got to do with it. :lol:

Donald was part owner during Maguires time at Oxford. As you know Donald is a lifelong fan of Oxford so will be fully aware of his contribution. Is it such a leap of faith to think.that he made a few phone calls when he took over here asking about various players....including some he'd seen playing well for the club he supported. Maguire is definitely a Donald led signing imo.
because the story the fantasists put out on here was maguire the owners..that implies he has the onwers number.

so despite SD saying he doesnt sign players.,,,,your happy to think he is a lair despite having no evidece to the contrary?

Are you saying Donald had no part in running Oxford?

because the story the fantasists put out on here was maguire the owners..that implies he has the onwers number.

so despite SD saying he doesnt sign players.,,,,your happy to think he is a lair despite having no evidece to the contrary?

Did i say that? . He's an enthusiastic owner and probably put Maguires name into the mix imo. Nowt at all wrong with that as he's proved to be a very good signing. I don't believe he had no influence in the signing though and that the name came up randomly.

Did i say that? . He's an enthusiastic owner and probably put Maguires name into the mix imo. Nowt at all wrong with that as he's proved to be a very good signing. I don't believe he had no influence in the signing though and that the name came up randomly.
it wouldt be randomn..it would have been scouted...same as all the others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back