RR Roker Roundup: Marcus Maddison was offered to Sunderland this summer - but we turned him down

RTG

Robot
Staff member
Your daily reminder of Sunderland news! In an interview with the Roker Rapport Podcast, Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has revealed details of how Sunderland rejected the chance to sign Marcus Maddison after being offered him this summer. Sunderland reject Maddison offer Marcus Maddison has been near the top of the wanted lists of...

More at Roker Report...

Last edited:
There's a lot more to a transfer than 'a manger rating him' .... how are the background checks, what terms are they demanding, how do the senior players & captain feel, will it affect our wage structure, has the player shown any real interest in signing, what does SMB think, does he have any tattoos.

Oops, sorry I'm in a daft mood .... big big news about to break :cool:

There's a lot more to a transfer than 'a manger rating him' .... how are the background checks, what terms are they demanding, how do the senior players & captain feel, will it affect our wage structure, has the player shown any real interest in signing, what does SMB think, does he have any tattoos.

Is the big big news likely to break today, really have to do some work today šŸ˜‚

Yeah I get that but we signed a player in Maguire who wasn't seen as a positive influence last summer. You can't argue with his stats and Ross seems to want him.
The attitude thing is coming from this board alone. Macanthony, fry and Ferguson havenā€™t had an issue with him. He clashed with Evans a bit apparently but who wouldnā€™t. As you say maguires attitude has been questioned at other clubs. As has our latest signing.

Whatā€™s the big news?

Agree with this. You and I have butted heads a few times on Hill - I donā€™t think his CV warrants this job and itā€™s ā€œjobs for the boysā€ - but I donā€™t believe Hill would have said he doesnā€™t rate Maddison.

Iā€™m sure we arenā€™t interested in paying his release clause but itā€™s not because Hill doesnā€™t rate him.
'Jobs for the boys' - Hill was brought in because SD trusted him to get the costs down on wages and transfer/agent's fees and he seems to have done that.

Agree with this. You and I have butted heads a few times on Hill - I donā€™t think his CV warrants this job and itā€™s ā€œjobs for the boysā€ - but I donā€™t believe Hill would have said he doesnā€™t rate Maddison.

Iā€™m sure we arenā€™t interested in paying his release clause but itā€™s not because Hill doesnā€™t rate him.
well im not saying i think hill is doing a good or a bad job. my point is i want evidence to show he is doing a bad job.
As to his CV, I have a lot of sympathy with your view, my point would be, his CV is better than some on here allege, I mean was eastleigh, where he did his job, a smaller budget o challenge tnan the last place Jack Ross did his job? And RH is vastly more qualified than the person who di he job before him, and arguably already showig he is doing a better job than his predescessor.

But yes, I agree, RH's links to oxfrd when SD was a young guy following the club are a concern, is he employing his football hero the same as we would employ SKP?

Bring it on marra....bring it on!

Big news today or just next week or so. Haway man my guts are gannin leet. šŸ˜‰

I don't know anything that other people don't know tbh, some are much better informed than me,

At the moment there are a few little crackers and sparklers going off but I have a feeling the whole firework display will break out :cool:

:D Great news,hope you're right. I'm finding it very hard to concentrate on anything else atm, which is going to backfire on me sooner or later.:lol:

Back