Racism at Yorkshire CCC

That statement is a f***ing joke from Yccc mind. “Oops yes we were racist. Sorry” a d that’s it.

No mention of what they will be doing to rectify it?

Why were Yorkshire allowed to investigate themselves? They are hardly impartial in the matter, considering the allegations of institutional racism.

If the club in question had been Durham, no question the ECB would have been all over this and meted out the strictest punishment.

How is their head coach still their head coach?
They must have engaged the worst PR firm in the world, they surely can't just front their way through this? The chairman is spot on, they should acknowledge this immediately and take some serious, quick action. Unbelievable that they're trying to sweep it under the carpet with all that's gone on in the last 12/18 months (not that any of what is that article has been acceptable for a hell of a long time).

the problem they have is that a lot of the major players in this report will still be heavily involved in the club and in the area

we all know what cricket is like in terms of people staying involved, it’s not like football where people move from club to club

so to really change they would have to rip up the whole DNA of the club

btw I’m not saying they shouldn’t just thats why they aren’t, they won’t wanna hang problem out to dry they feel loyalties tok

btw there are some very very high profile Yorkshireman in the cricket media who are very quiet like.

Last edited:
How is their head coach still their head coach?

the problem they have is that a lot of the major players in this report will still be heavily involved in the club and in the area

we all know what cricket is like in terms of people staying involved, it’s not like football where people move from club to club

so to really change they would have to rip up the whole DNA of the club

btw I’m not saying they shouldn’t just thats why they aren’t, they won’t wanna hang problem out to dry they feel loyalties tok

btw there are some very very high profile Yorkshireman in the cricket media who are very quiet like.
That has been noticeable

Racists aren't going to openly admit to being racists, so "inappropriate behaviour" is a phrase that didn't surprise me.

According to that press release, a lot of the charges were rejected, and others couldn't be proven - it's almost as if the people supposedly running the club are saying "Well, we might be a little bit racist, but not much, no real harm in that, is there."

I hope they are all sacked and sued.

Racists aren't going to openly admit to being racists, so "inappropriate behaviour" is a phrase that didn't surprise me.

According to that press release, a lot of the charges were rejected, and others couldn't be proven - it's almost as if the people supposedly running the club are saying "Well, we might be a little bit racist, but not much, no real harm in that, is there."

I hope they are all sacked and sued.
Yes, Yorkshire CCC clearly not familiar with the saying" When you find yourself in a hole,stop digging".
Clearlythough, they are familiar with the expression "Publish and be damned".

Just catching up on the TMS podcast and to hear Azeem Rafiq in tears as he explains how upset and dismayed at the report he is was proper gut wrenching.

A lot of gobshites who were vocally dismissive of the Ollie Robinson incident quiet on this one.
This is vile and systematic, the club is rotten to the core.

If any England players are implicated in any of it, then they should be looking at a lot worse than Robinson's racist tweets when he was a messed-up teenager.
Yes, Yorkshire CCC clearly not familiar with the saying" When you find yourself in a hole,stop digging".
Clearlythough, they are familiar with the expression "Publish and be damned".
They are fighting in tooth and nail because it's too bad for a "we fucked up, sorry" statement. Heads have to roll - tonnes of them.

The question for me is: why hasn't this been taken out of YCCC's hands? Why isn't the ECB sending someone independent in there to find out what's been happening and hold them to account properly.

Last edited:

Back