Racism at Yorkshire CCC

I haven't read the BBC article, but read the Cricinfo one - I'm assuming BBC's one just used their details. I find the implication that there's institutionalised racism based on demographic of a playing staff extremely tedious, sorry. I'm just sick to death of reading this crap from BLM and other radical leftists. I'm sick of the double standards.

The whole suicide thing has been painted as if it's all down to racism (PS if it's discrimination based on being Muslim, then Muslim is not a race and it's not racist) which seems rather hyperbolic given the awful event with the still-born child.

Are people morons? Yes. Should they be dealt with? Yes. It shouldn't be about whether someone plays the race card.

The fact of life is Asian ethnicity are underrepresented in cricket all over the world. Those of a black background are overrepresented. India should be basically invincible, given their pool of players. They're not. Look at the talent West Indies produce with a passing interest in cricket and barely any population. That kind of explosive build is replicated in other sports, notable sprinting. It's genetics not racism. Ultimately everyone cops abuse, favouritism and all the rest of it. Don't let it be an excuse as to why you don't make it.

I haven't read the BBC article, but read the Cricinfo one - I'm assuming BBC's one just used their details. I find the implication that there's institutionalised racism based on demographic of a playing staff extremely tedious, sorry. I'm just sick to death of reading this crap from BLM and other radical leftists. I'm sick of the double standards.

The whole suicide thing has been painted as if it's all down to racism (PS if it's discrimination based on being Muslim, then Muslim is not a race and it's not racist) which seems rather hyperbolic given the awful event with the still-born child.

Are people morons? Yes. Should they be dealt with? Yes. It shouldn't be about whether someone plays the race card.

The fact of life is Asian ethnicity are underrepresented in cricket all over the world. Those of a black background are overrepresented. India should be basically invincible, given their pool of players. They're not. Look at the talent West Indies produce with a passing interest in cricket and barely any population. That kind of explosive build is replicated in other sports, notable sprinting. It's genetics not racism. Ultimately everyone cops abuse, favouritism and all the rest of it. Don't let it be an excuse as to why you don't make it.
You make some valid points, however the use of radical leftists is poor imo. That’s straight from the trumpian notebook.

no such thing

Absolute f***ing drivel from start to finish

Absolutely disgusting stuff, my heart goes out to the lad.

Sorry if this sounds petty, but DCCC were given a demotion, 48-point deduction, salary cap and test match ban for something far less serious. If YCCC are found to be institutionally racist, surely the ECB should impose a heavy penalty.

As I said on the shamefully deleted thread, I find it hard to be surprised by this. It's only two years since Ryan Patel was racially abused at Scarborough, and YCCC (the club, not the members I hasten to add) seemed more annoyed that Surrey reported it and it got press time than that a few of their members had acted in such a way.

Reminds me very much of how Chelsea reacted when they were accused of racism......
Yorkshire have responded promising an independent and external investigation. Fair enough.

Is that independent from the Colin Graves school of independence?
Absolutely disgusting stuff, my heart goes out to the lad.

Sorry if this sounds petty, but DCCC were given a demotion, 48-point deduction, salary cap and test match ban for something far less serious. If YCCC are found to be institutionally racist, surely the ECB should impose a heavy penalty.

To be fair it’s apples and oranges and I wouldn’t want any club to be treat with such vile punishments, or for any clubs fans to go through what we went through.

Last edited:

I've been a part of this board since 2002 and that right there is the biggest pile of f***ing shite i've ever read, And i've read some shite.

Utter turd from start to f***ing finish.
Yorkshire have responded promising an independent and external investigation. Fair enough.
Theyve only responded due to the lad going public, which is even more f***ing pathetic.

To be fair it’s apples and oranges and I wouldn’t want any club to be treat with such vile punishments, or for any clubs fans to go through what we went through.

To be fair, I'd make an exception in Yorkshire's case as they got away with far worse than Durham, financially, thanks to Graves' bankrolling.

Jesus Christ, that's the biggest pile of racist drivel I've read on this board ever and there's been a lot of racist drivel over the years. I don't care about your slightly odd views about India vs West Indies and explosive builds, nonsensical as they are, but when you say "Ultimately everyone copes abuse" that's where you go full on wannabe KKK, racist scum!

Jesus Christ, that's the biggest pile of racist drivel I've read on this board ever and there's been a lot of racist drivel over the years. I don't care about your slightly odd views about India vs West Indies and explosive builds, nonsensical as they are, but when you say "Ultimately everyone copes abuse" that's where you go full on wannabe KKK, racist scum!
Its as if he hasnt even bothered to read the article - Pretty much saying the kid is lying - i dont know about you but when some "fans" AND players are being openly racist then theres a problem. Yorkshire should be able to pull on a fairly large pool of asian background players but they dont? I wonder why......

Fuck me, is that you, Farage?

As I said on the shamefully deleted thread, I find it hard to be surprised by this. It's only two years since Ryan Patel was racially abused at Scarborough, and YCCC (the club, not the members I hasten to add) seemed more annoyed that Surrey reported it and it got press time than that a few of their members had acted in such a way.

It was deleted because it named names. This place can’t do that for the same reason that ESPN Cricinfo couldn’t do that.

The thread is back up and running because it’s an important issue and it’s now being discussed in a way that doesn’t invite libel.

It was deleted because it named names. This place can’t do that for the same reason that ESPN Cricinfo couldn’t do that.

The thread is back up and running because it’s an important issue and it’s now being discussed in a way that doesn’t invite libel.
As @Silly Point said, his opening post mentioning a name could've easily been ammended and the original thread kept running, instead of deleting the whole thing and hoping it goes away.

It's really sad that this is still happening today.
Although in different times, I was on the Western Terrace sometime in the 80s, don't remember the game or player, but I do remember the abuse and reaction.

Someone shouted at an Asian player "Send t chocolate drops back to Bradford" to huge laughter on the terraces.
Not particularly surprising then, but a massive disappointment that there is still institutional racism at the club.
The one good thing to come out of the article, as you may expect, is Joe Root's sympathetic way of handling it.

Last edited:
I find it incredible that any organisation in this day and age can receive such complaints and just sweep them under the carpet. Even if they are institutionally racist surely they're aware that they have to be seen to be doing something, that just demonstrates gross incompetence from the management at the very least.

And that is just on the edge of my thoughts, it's bad enough if players are reacting to incidents in the way he describes (they should be disciplined and in last chance saloon) but for the captain to be saying things like that is incredible. I find it hard to comprehend that players and captains are acting like this. I'm not for one second saying the accusations are false, I'm just stunned that there seems to be so many people in one group holding the view that what they've been doing is acceptable (even if it's 3/4 players in total).

Back