NUFC September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I presume they are dwarfed due to the fact their city neighbours have won a lot more, certainly in most of our lifetimes?
Whereas, the massive club in our region is the only one of the three to win nothing in the age of colour telly or just about anyone's lifetime.
@Fitzgerald is up there with the most "special" Mag poster ever to post on here. In some ways I shouldn't take the piss as I've battled my own personal mental health demons over the years and I still do but this lad is frightening

Number of horses punched by your fans?

Number of relegations in the last 15 years?

Number of inches of dick on show as your fans celebrated beating Oxford?

Number of receptionists harangued at their place of work?

Everton just can't compete
Queen Mandy bong eye of Benwell has tried and failed on more than 2 occasions to complete a takeover. Badge of honour in failure.
No they were so long ago @Fitzgerald and @Benjamin can't remember them, with the pitch invasion in the play off derby match coming only 35 years after Newcastle's last FA Cup win:)
According to @Benjamin Spurs aren’t a top 6 club. How many years in a row was it again that they’ve finished top 6 @Benjamin ? 11? Please enlighten us.

Last edited:
You forgot two pitch invasions to try and have vital games stopped
Faux idolisation to the point of building a statue of a Manager they sacked ?!
Also forgot the time two teammates had a punchup on the halfway line while the ball was in play

@Fitzgerald is up there with the most "special" Mag poster ever to post on here. In some ways I shouldn't take the piss as I've battled my own personal mental health demons over the years and I still do but this lad is frightening
He's either 12 or genuinely fucked in the head. Either way, it's not a healthy situation

Last edited:
Grim as fuck you, making out like Newcastle has some amazing history and are a f***ing huge club. Attracting big crowds in a one team city isn't special at all and your history in the top league is fuck all to shout about, been up and down throughout the years.

My club (Everton) would have to go down for 20 years and you'd have to hit 90 points per season just to draw level on points gained in the top league. To catch up on games played we'd have to be down for 28 years. Your history in the top league is patchy at best, you've never been considered a massive club outside of your own city.

I'm embarrassed that we haven't won anything for 25 years, yet here you are, giving it the big'un yet only 7 years away from celebrating 100 years since you last won the league, deluded.
Nailed it.😁

Well no not really. I’m sure Newcastle have one of the top ten first division records for points won. Also we have a far bigger and passionate support than Everton and have had more top 6 finishes in my lifetime than Everton. Also played in the champions league twice to Everton’s zero

I can’t take Everton seriously as a club when I seen their fans sat down at an away game at St James:oops:

I suppose you do have beefy the ex Sunderland fan to bump up the size factor of your support. Passion man, fuck off. Just ‘cos you’re from Wallsend n he’s from Wallsend or you sing shoes off or pogo if you love the toon, half you aren’t even from Newcastle you gonk. Apart from thinking Geordies are the master race (I’m a Geordie but don’t support the skunks) why are you so passionate? You’re just another of the 80 or so irrelevant clubs in the professional football pyramid that have no chance of anything other than mediocrity.

I spent a lot of time working around the UK and further afield from around the mid eighties to around ten years of so ago.

The general view of your lot up until the mid nineties was, if ever mentioned, neutral . " Alright club, decent fans, no threat" Same as for us more or less.

That changed with the Hall/Keegan era. For a time, my experience was that you really were very well thought of. If not a second team then we'll liked. I'd say that lasted maybe three years of so. This slowly changed to a mocking attitude at what was seen as the absurdly entitled behaviour of the fans. Even when Robson was in charge this didn't seem to change, despite his own personal popularity.

From then on, that sentiment seemed to be more widespread and stronger. And there was plenty for it to feed on. The latest few months of comical street camping, bellicose abuse of sheet glass, and all the other severely embarrassing behaviour will only have made it worse. That's what constitutes the reason for most of this media coverage. They are looking for a laugh and they always get it. So do we.
The media are looking for clicks and we provide them.

I'd also say that people form opinions based on the evidence provided to them. People see a nutter punch a horse on the news, they think he's representative of the fanbase. But he's as representative of our fanbase as the kid shitting in his seat is of yours.

Re: the deluded Geordie stereotype, it's talksport bollocks really, isn't it? This is reinforced and regurgitated by other fans. They can't be arsed to have any real insight into what the fans expect, so they trot out a bullshit cliche. Our expectations these days? Shit football and survival.

It is hard to take Everton seriously as a club mind , they could win the league this year and you still wouldn't take them seriously really, they always seem to think they are entitled to being a top 4-6 club but in reality they are nothing of the sort. Obsessed with their bigger and better neighbours, in reality Liverpool probably just see them as an annoying smaller relative, the only thing Newcastle and Sunderland have to shout about is how good the support is, Everton cant even do that, I would be surprised if they even got 20k in the championship if they ever got relegated.

What happened to the American bloke who was potentially interested in a Newcastle takeover?

And Chopra's 'consortium' ?
American? Fuck all, the only journalist who seemed to be reporting his interest first hand was Luke Edwards and even he seems to dismissing it. Chopra's 'consortium' was obviously just a really ill-conceived, poorly-executed PR stunt.

Ashley seems willing to sell now, but he'll still want £350m and the number of parties willing to spend that during a global pandemic is pretty small.

It is hard to take Everton seriously as a club mind , they could win the league this year and you still wouldn't take them seriously really, they always seem to think they are entitled to being a top 4-6 club but in reality they are nothing of the sort. Obsessed with their bigger and better neighbours, in reality Liverpool probably just see them as an annoying smaller relative, the only thing Newcastle and Sunderland have to shout about is how good the support is, Everton cant even do that, I would be surprised if they even got 20k in the championship if they ever got relegated.

Haha, what can't you take seriously about Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back