NUFC September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't have a particularly strong Geordie accent, more Northumbrian. Mind, the accents on Sunderland til I Die, and the various youtube clips of your lot don't sound refined at all.
The Mackem accent is really sophisticated when compared to that coarse geordie twang. It's not very long ago I was watching Judge Rinder and two geordies were argueing the toss over something and Rinder had to send for an interpreter so he could understand what they were saying. Even listening to Brucey getting interviewed, he tries to switch to the more educated dialect of Mackem so he can be understood.

The Mackem accent is really sophisticated when compared to that coarse geordie twang. It's not very long ago I was watching Judge Rinder and two geordies were argueing the toss over something and Rinder had to send for an interpreter so he could understand what they were saying. Even listening to Brucey getting interviewed, he tries to switch to the more educated dialect of Mackem so he can be understood.
:lol: Is it fuck man. The rough mackem accent is just as rough as the rough Geordie accent, the softer mackem accent is as soft as the softer Geordie accent. Like I say, Mackems getting interviewed on Sunderland til I die, or various youtube clips of fans before/after games have rough mackem accents and sound f***ing ridiculous.

ps. :lol: at you for watching Judge Rinder.

:lol: Is it fuck man. The rough mackem accent is just as rough as the rough Geordie accent, the softer mackem accent is as soft as the softer Geordie accent. Like I say, Mackems getting interviewed on Sunderland til I die, or various youtube clips of fans before/after games have rough mackem accents and sound f***ing ridiculous.

ps. :lol: at you for watching Judge Rinder.
I take it you must of watched Judge Rinder to have a comment about it, which makes you look rather stupid.
There again I suppose you geordies must be sick to the back teeth of watching judges.

Last edited:
I take it you must of watched Judge Rinder to have a comment about it, which makes you look rather stupid.
There again I suppose you geordies must be sick to the back teeth of watching judges.
I'm aware of Rinder, just like I'm aware of Love Island and Loose Women, not watched any of them. But you have KNIGHTHOOD, you've watched Judge Rinder and that's something that you'll take with you to your grave.

I'm aware of Rinder, just like I'm aware of Love Island and Loose Women, not watched any of them. But you have KNIGHTHOOD, you've watched Judge Rinder and that's something that you'll take with you to your grave.
See how geordies summise something. Actually I could of watched the same amount as you of Judge Rinder.
Talking of taking it to your grave, why do you geordies ask St Peter the same question, "How man Peta wee's thart gadgy in the git lang white gown sittin in my seet".

See how geordies summise something. Actually I could of watched the same amount as you of Judge Rinder.
Talking of taking it to your grave, why do you geordies ask St Peter the same question, "How man Peta wee's thart gadgy in the git lang white gown sittin in my seet".
summise?

'wees' is a mackem thing, by the way. Hence 'wees keys are these keys'.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: righto. I suppose you'd never heard of Blue Pop either.

Heard of them all but never heard anyone say any of them.. "Wees" "Bloo" etc

Geordies ive found are very insecure/xenophobic about this stuff. Its not piss taking either.. Geordie family members often pull me up on slight nuances in my accent yet I never feel the need to mention when they say "Wor" all the time etc

Not really a bit of I’m alright Jack from Eddie Hearn imagine my surprise. Yeah being fit and healthy may protect you but it doesn’t stop you getting it and passing it on unknowingly to someone who isn’t fit and healthy.

No it doesn't, but his point is a sensible one. Drinking, smoking and avoiding exercise could add to people's difficulties if they do catch it, which is a very high risk at some point, whether it be now or in the future. It should be a wake up call.

Yet true. Nice try at deflection.
We're in more debt now than we were before he bought us.
Heard of them all but never heard anyone say any of them.. "Wees" "Bloo" etc

Geordies ive found are very insecure/xenophobic about this stuff. Its not piss taking either.. Geordie family members often pull me up on slight nuances in my accent yet I never feel the need to mention when they say "Wor" all the time etc
Because the mackem accent is weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back