New York

I booked in Feb to go in Sept and I got a flight/hotel deal through BA slightly cheaper than booking the same separately through Skyscanner/booking.com.

We booked with BA. Return flights from Newcastle to Heathrow then Heathrow to Newark.
Package included the hotel as came in at £500 per head for 4 nights.
BA were very impressive as a carrier.

That's cheap - flights are usually £450 ish. Are you staying in Newark ?

No mate, we stayed in The Roosevelt in Manhattan.
There were loads of good deals on the BA website.
You could pay a bit more for more expensive hotels if you wanted to but tbf we were hardly ever in the hotel so didn’t see the point of paying an extra.
I booked in Feb to go in Sept and I got a flight/hotel deal through BA slightly cheaper than booking the same separately through Skyscanner/booking.com.

I’ve just had a look for February next year and for Newcastle to Newark for 4 nights in The Roosevelt is £534 with BA so the prices are pretty static.

Last edited:
No mate, we stayed in The Roosevelt in Manhattan.
There were loads of good deals on the BA website.
You could pay a bit more for more expensive hotels if you wanted to but tbf we were hardly ever in the hotel so didn’t see the point of paying an extra.

I’ve just had a look for February next year and for Newcastle to Newark for 4 nights in The Roosevelt is £534 with BA so the prices are pretty static.
As you say, it's somewhere to lay your head and it looks a good location for getting around. Enjoy.

Look at me! I’m there now.
CNN reporting a motorbike backfired in Times Square last night that set the crowd to panicking in the current atmosphere of tension over gun violence. I’m staying in Times Square and heard nowt!
I usually stay in the Hilton Garden on 35th at 5th, one block from the Empire State. (There’s also a Hampton Inn next door). Cracking location. Prices vary depending on occupancy but I’ve had it as low as $140 a night. They were full this week which is why I’m further uptown.

Me and Mrs C are looking to go at the backend of September. Probably booking on the BA site. Is there any visa forms to complete?

Recently booked up for NY for a weekend at the end of Jan 2020...flights were only £230 each hand luggage only so we've spent a little more and booked a hotel overlooking Central Park.
Taking the bairn too like so won't be out til the early hours...he's desperate to see stuff that was in Home Alone 2 like the toy store, the big xmas tree and the park so we've ticked the park off the list by booking that hotel ;) Not sure what else we want to do/see yet but we'll have Friday from 4ish, all day Saturday and Sunday until 3ish to squeeze it all in.

Recently booked up for NY for a weekend at the end of Jan 2020...flights were only £230 each hand luggage only so we've spent a little more and booked a hotel overlooking Central Park.
Taking the bairn too like so won't be out til the early hours...he's desperate to see stuff that was in Home Alone 2 like the toy store, the big xmas tree and the park so we've ticked the park off the list by booking that hotel ;) Not sure what else we want to do/see yet but we'll have Friday from 4ish, all day Saturday and Sunday until 3ish to squeeze it all in.

Back