New York

Planning to go with the Mrs (no) during October half term for 4 nights. Never been before - any recommendations for accommodation that has good access?

stay in times Sqaure.....we got a good deal at the eddison it was nice for what it was, we hardly spent any time in the room anyway and it was handy being next to times square.

give this place a bash also

Heartland Brewery and Chophouse in Time Square NYC | Heartland Brewery

the chicken wings were UNFUCKING REAL

katz deli was bang on too

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
stay in times Sqaure.....we got a good deal at the eddison it was nice for what it was, we hardly spent any time in the room anyway and it was handy being next to times square.

give this place a bash also

Heartland Brewery and Chophouse in Time Square NYC | Heartland Brewery

the chicken wings were UNFUCKING REAL

katz deli was bang on too

Logon or register to see this image

Eddison a good locale too. Try just wandering times square to see if you can get talk show tickets. We ended up going to letterman

been a few times, stayed in Manhatton mainly but the last time stayed in Long Island City(Queensboro Plaza) quite a few new hotels springing up in area 15mins to Grand Central used a 7day metro card $31 which i used to get from jfk & back, bigger rooms and 20% to 25% cheaper

katz diner on the lower east is brilliant for food, albeit a bit pricey. mcsorleys real ale house is an old school boozer, still has sawdust on the floor to soak up the chew spit. don't buy single tickets on the subway, get a metro card and it will cost you 2.75 per trip, and you only pay the $1 once for the card. dont put too much on, because unlike oyster card you can't get the money back off it. anything not american is way overpriced (european lagers for example).

I once won a competition in the Journal for a 4 night mini break in New York.
We were based in Midtown Manhattan and I loved the place.
So much to see and do, though tbh I could have stayed for 4 weeks and still not seen everything I wanted to see.
A brilliant city.

Best city i’ve visited

It's class like, but I prefer Vegas.

My second favourite place

We went February this year and stayed in the Amsterdam Court hotel in hell's kitchen. Been a few times now and still not seen everything yet and we got a 3 day New York pass that was excellent for the price and the amount you get into. Remember it's an expensive city and I found the food prices have almost doubled from 3 years ago. Drinking in hell's kitchen is great and love some of the old dive bars. I would recommend doing a bus tour ( Inc with pass) intrepid was great as they have a space shuttle also. Empire state, grand Central station, central park, Rockefeller center, 9/11 museum. Madison Square garden. And loads of walking.
What we talking here?

Thinking of going early next year and haven’t done any firm research yet on whether to stay in Manhattan or outside (such as Long Island as mentioned earlier).

I’d be interested to hear views on that and whether to book hotel and flights separately or book together and if together which operators to look at.

Thinking of going early next year and haven’t done any firm research yet on whether to stay in Manhattan or outside (such as Long Island as mentioned earlier).

I’d be interested to hear views on that and whether to book hotel and flights separately or book together and if together which operators to look at.
I booked in Feb to go in Sept and I got a flight/hotel deal through BA slightly cheaper than booking the same separately through Skyscanner/booking.com.

Back