New York

BA just canned our October half term Holiday.

Looked to rebook for April next year but prices were pretty chunkyā€¦doesnā€™t help we need 2 hotel rooms that was pushing the price right up.

Have just booked 11 nights in Japan instead, actually worked out cheaper and thatā€™s with flying out Business and back premium (NY was prem. both ways)

Bit gutted like as ferking love the Big Apple!

Just don't visit the blue moon cafe and bar on 73rd and 3rd.

There is an absolutely stunning girl that works there who will woo you, give you lots of buy backs, move in with you, then take you for every penny and then run off with your cat.

BA just canned our October half term Holiday.

Looked to rebook for April next year but prices were pretty chunkyā€¦doesnā€™t help we need 2 hotel rooms that was pushing the price right up.

Have just booked 11 nights in Japan instead, actually worked out cheaper and thatā€™s with flying out Business and back premium (NY was prem. both ways)

Bit gutted like as ferking love the Big Apple!
Where in Japan?
You do know bars and rest here have to close at 8pm in some prefectures and none currently selling alcohol. Up for review end month but expectation here is it will be renewed. Also, unless they relax rules on visitors, you need a PCR test (only select clinics accepted) and have to do 6 days in Govt Hotel quarantine followed by 8 days wherever you are staying.

Where in Japan?
You do know bars and rest here have to close at 8pm in some prefectures and none currently selling alcohol. Up for review end month but expectation here is it will be renewed. Also, unless they relax rules on visitors, you need a PCR test (only select clinics accepted) and have to do 6 days in Govt Hotel quarantine followed by 8 days wherever you are staying.

Stopping in Ginza part of Tokyo mate....April next year.

A leap of faith, but hoping by then we're allowed in and things are as I remember them!!

@Horley Chorley got it mostly spot on. Central Park is also of slight interest - although we got a guided rickshaw tour and I knew more about the places he was pointing out than he did - and I didnā€™t realise that I knew anything at all - and, depending on your particular interests and perspectives you might want to check out the various areas you could visit; Chinatown, the Village, Times Square/Theatre area - just to wander around; the whole place is a film set - so it depends on what film locations youā€™d like to visit. You could just wander around and chance upon them. The missus insisted on Maceys, Tiffanys (guess who got stung) and I wanted to wander around Bob Dylanā€™s old haunts - plus she couldnā€™t fathom why in earth I wanted a photo of me outside the Brill building when we wandered past it one day. Sheā€™d never heard of it.

Be warned though. The USA is full of Americans. After the last four years Iā€™m not sure I wanna visit there any more
I never did see Ellis Island. Went out there, saw the Statue of Liberty, disembarked - and then was immediately informed that thereā€™d been a power cut and weā€™d have to wait for a ferry back. But of course all the people who were already there were now also waiting to go back. So we were a huddled mass for quite some time. And it was freezing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm flying home to Ireland via JFK in late October for a couple of weeks, I couldn't pass up staying in NYC for a couple of nights before I go back.

It's the only place on the planet where I don't think I'd ever get sick of visiting. Hoping to live there permanently some day after a longish stint in Pittsburgh.

In all the times I've visited New York, I've never been up the Empire State Building nor did I ever venture down to The Brooklyn Bridge and walk it.

I'm there on Sunday for a few days before I head back to Ireland for a couple of weeks, so tempted to do both.

Worth doing or is it a waste of time?

I was due to go to the Summit One Vanderbilt on Sunday but booked the wrong date :oops::lol: for look I'll be back in December to visit it.

In all the times I've visited New York, I've never been up the Empire State Building nor did I ever venture down to The Brooklyn Bridge and walk it.

I'm there on Sunday for a few days before I head back to Ireland for a couple of weeks, so tempted to do both.

Worth doing or is it a waste of time?

I was due to go to the Summit One Vanderbilt on Sunday but booked the wrong date :oops::lol: for look I'll be back in December to visit it.

We did the Empire state at night was Class and so was walking from Brooklyn to Manhatten

Back