New York

The Row, NYC. I think it's on 8th Avenue. Decent hotel, room has everything you need and it's easy walk to all kinds of places in Manhattan

If you're there, I suggest you take in a show. Or two. Depends what you both like.
I went to a couple of shows on Broadway when I was there.
Not my usual thing but I was there with my ex's sister and we just made a list of the places/sights we wanted to see.
I wanted to see the ESB and Madison Square Garden as well as the World Trade Centre and The Statue of Liberty.
She wanted to do some shopping and see a couple of shows on Broadway, which wasn't too bad tbf.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a couple of shows on Broadway when I was there.
Not my usual thing but I was there with my ex's sister and we just made a list of the places/sights we wanted to see.
I wanted to see the ESB and Madison Square Garden

You can't miss the ESB.
I would recommend doing the Top of the Rock experience. That's both interesting and great views. ESB is good too, and it has a Heartland Brewery place at the bottom.

You have to go down to Staten Island for the ferry back and forth (it's free) and you get a great view of The Statue of Liberty.

You can't miss the ESB.
I would recommend doing the Top of the Rock experience. That's both interesting and great views. ESB is good too, and it has a Heartland Brewery place at the bottom.

You have to go down to Staten Island for the ferry back and forth (it's free) and you get a great view of The Statue of Liberty.
It was back in 1999 when I was there.
We did the Windows of the World at the top of the WTC and we got the Staten Island ferry and got off at Liberty Island.
The queues were massive for the Statue of Liberty so we duffed it and jumped back on the ferry and had something to eat in Little Italy and had a walk around China Town too.

Hong Kong and Tokyo are fantastic, tokyo is huge though
Both places look like they're lively cities with something going on for 24 hours a day, which is exactly what I like.
That's why I live in British West Hartlepool

It was back in 1999 when I was there.
We did the Windows of the World at the top of the WTC and we got the Staten Island ferry and got off at Liberty Island.
The queues were massive for the Statue of Liberty so we duffed it and jumped back on the ferry and had something to eat in Little Italy and had a walk around China Town too.

Both places look like they're lively cities with something going on for 24 hours a day, which is exactly what I like.
That's why I live in British West Hartlepool

When we go again (which I'm sure we will) I'd like to give Chinatown another go. It was a mental crush when we went the first time so we got out of dodge.
Little Italy might be nice too.

The last time we went, we got an explorer pass (I think) which gave us a choice of three things we wanted to do. We did the Southern Loop Big Bus Tour which was really interesting.
I'd like to see more of Uptown (funk you up) next time we go. There's so much to explore, we've been twice and we've only scratched the surface!

You wouldn't regret it if you stayed 5 weeks. I spent a fortnight there (free digs so very lucky) a couple of years ago, it's topper. Get out of Manhatten and see Brooklyn for a day, you get some brilliant views across the city from there as well if you walk back across the bridge.
100% this, williamsburg is cracking for beer and food, although obviously full of hipsters

When we go again (which I'm sure we will) I'd like to give Chinatown another go. It was a mental crush when we went the first time so we got out of dodge.

The last time we went, we got an explorer pass (I think) which gave us a choice of three things we wanted to do. We did the Southern Loop Big Bus Tour which was really interesting.
I'd like to see more of Uptown (funk you up) next time we go. There's so much to explore, we've been twice and we've only scratched the surface!
There really is so much to see and do.
I wish I could have stayed longer and seen the things I wanted to see, but at a more leisurely pace, instead of cramming the sightseeing into a few short days.
We visited Central Park too and had a trip around the park in a horse drawn carriage.
The big kid in me, loved browsing around FAO Schwarz toy emporium on the way to Central Park. :p

There really is so much to see and do.
I wish I could have stayed longer and seen the things I wanted to see, but at a more leisurely pace, instead of cramming the sightseeing into a few short days.
We visited Central Park too and had a trip around the park in a horse drawn carriage.
The big kid in me, loved browsing around FAO Schwarz toy emporium on the way to Central Park. :p

Central Park is so massive you probably need a whole day to see all of it

There's hardly anything left of Little Italy these days

Central Park is so massive you probably need a whole day to see all of it
We were there in the November and the weather was canny.
Warm enough not to need a coat in daytime or at night.
Would like to see Central Park on a winters day with people ice skating in the park, though I don't fancy freezing me nuts off during a freezing NY winter.

We were there in the November and the weather was canny.
Warm enough not to need a coat in daytime or at night.
Would like to see Central Park on a winters day with people ice skating in the park, though I don't fancy freezing me nuts off during a freezing NY winter.

We went in December and it snowed!
It was epic. Cold mind, but totally worth it. The most Christmasy I've felt in ages

We went in December and it snowed!
It was epic. Cold mind, but totally worth it. The most Christmasy I've felt in ages
Aye, brilliant.
Snow topped trees in Central Park.
Straight out of a NY Christmas card

Aye, brilliant.
Snow topped trees in Central Park.
Straight out of a NY Christmas card

I have a LEGO Statue of Liberty. Took her "home" and she went on tour around the place. Her in the snow in Central Park is worthy of a LEGO promo shot :lol:

I can't say I was happy about the horse and carriage things though. The horses didn't look too good sadly

They do - but LI is just for tourists now and a very limited area, whist CT, the Jewish and Ukrainian quarters are still genuine
I seen the famous Katz deli when I was there.
I never went into the deli but I wish I had done as I like pickles.
Had a pastrami club sarnie in NY, but not in Katz deli.

I have a LEGO Statue of Liberty. Took her "home" and she went on tour around the place. Her in the snow in Central Park is worthy of a LEGO promo shot :lol:

I can't say I was happy about the horse and carriage things though. The horses didn't look too good sadly
It's not something I would do again.
We didn't have a great amount of time and there was too much area to get around on foot, so we opted to do the horse and carriage trip to save time.

Back