Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how you can sort netflix stuff by ratings? I'll need a new series to watch very soon, so I'll check out a few things on this thread. When I look at a program, there is a thumbs up and a thumbs down so I can rate it, but I don't see to be able to see the general ratings.

As for shows, Orange is the new black seems to be highly rated. I thought it was shit but then I don't think I'm the audiance they are looking for.
I use IMDB. Someone recommends something, look it up in IMDB (there's a Chrome extension that makes this a simple right click thing). If it looks ok, add it to your watchlist. When you want to watch something, pick from your watchlist (which you can sort, including by rating).

Jessica Jones
Stranger Things
Narcos
Bojack Horseman
Daredevil
The Expanse

All great imho. There's other things I'm going to watch as well like Master of None which I can't comment on yet

Master Of None is great. Can't wait for the next series.

Netflix make loads of great stuff. They make some stuff I'm not so keen on too, but I can't expect everything they make to be aimed at me personally.

Not sure I’ll manage to persuade the wife to watch the cartoon ones but we’ll try “Love” next. There’s also a new one with Kristin Bell and Ted Danson but the cast looks better than the plot synopsis.

The Good Place.

I'm really enjoying this one so far. Fun premise, well executed.

I wasn't so bothered about Love.

There are loads of quality shows on there, most of which have already been posted but whatever you do, DON'T watch The OA.
I stupidly took someones advice off here (can't remember who)and actually watched all of it thinking that surely there was a point to it all?
No, what pile of shite!

Hang on, it was this absolute buffoon - https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-oa-tv-show.1316689/

This as well. Can't believe people were comparing the 2?

Narcos is class, El Chapo i turned off after 20 minutes.

Yeah the OA was bollocks. First episode was interesting but it all went to shit pretty quickly.

Travelers is really good if you're into time travel scifi.

Last edited:
Not a netflix show.

No, but it's the show he's referring to.

I liked it, they should leave it alone though.

Fair enough. Not my cup of tea. As soon as I heard the word "angel" my eyes rolled back and I felt cheated out of the time I'd spent watching it so far.

I was hoping OA was going to mean something like Operational Avatar, as if the Internet had developed a personality and chosen a person to house it in order to communicate with the world face to face.

Fair enough. Not my cup of tea. As soon as I heard the word "angel" my eyes rolled back and I felt cheated out of the time I'd spent watching it so far.

I was hoping OA was going to mean something like Operational Avatar, as if the Internet had developed a personality and chosen a person to house it in order to communicate with the world face to face.

Aye, it was a bit daft at times but I enjoyed it. Not sure I'm bothered at all about a second season though.

@Lexingtongue out of interest what stuff do you like? What’s your favourite tv series??

I loved the sinner. Really good, Jessica biel is great in it. There a couple of filler episodes but it’s got a great plot and ending. Watched it all in one sitting.
Historically I've always liked things like the X-Files, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits type stuff. It's why I'm trying to give Black Mirror a go currently. I generally lose interest in shows that have too many episodes per series as I can't really set aside 100 hours to watch a TV programme.

Watching the 6th episode of stranger things as we speak, binge watched it all since yesterday morning. Loving it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back