Netflix

I'm not into period dramas but it really was an engrossing mystery. Hugely underrated, and didn't even get a mention at the academy awards :mad:

The Sinner on the other hand was total shite and got 2 nominations. :rolleyes:
I'm surprised it was overlooked too. I didn't actually mind The Sinner - probably more as it was good to see Bill Pullman in something, but didn't think it was something that would be nominated for awards - unlike Alias Grace.

I didn't actually mind The Sinner
I can't do the whole click-baity thing. The Sinner did that thing where it purposefully doesn't tell you what's going on to make it seem mysterious and make you watch the next episode, like Lost and The Leftovers. Imo it's the TV equivalent of clickbait. "Come back next week to find out!", then next week it explains nothing.

Alias Grace did none of that despite it being a mystery.

I can't do the whole click-baity thing. The Sinner did that thing where it purposefully doesn't tell you what's going on to make it seem mysterious and make you watch the next episode, like Lost and The Leftovers. Imo it's the TV equivalent of clickbait. "Come back next week to find out!", then next week it explains nothing.

Alias Grace did none of that despite it being a mystery.
I can't say I thought of it in that way. I mostly binged on it. But it was an excellent adaptation. Did you watch The Handmaid's Tale too when it was on telly, which was brilliant?

I can't say I thought of it in that way. I mostly binged on it. But it was an excellent adaptation. Did you watch The Handmaid's Tale too when it was on telly, which was brilliant?
I didn't actually, I'm just about to download it. I saw your comment saying it was based on a book written by the same lady who did Alias Grace. That'll do me. Sounds great.

Last edited:
I didn't actually, I'm just about to download it. I saw your comment saying it was based on a book written by the same lady who did Alias Grace. That'll do me. Sounds great.
Ah. Well - enjoy. It's an amazing drama. There was a thread in here about it and I think most of us were overwhelmingly positive about it.

Ah. Well - enjoy. It's an amazing drama. There was a thread in here about it and I think most of us were overwhelmingly positive about it.
Definitely. I probably wouldn't have watched it tbh, but now I know it's by the same person I'm really looking forward to binging it.

Expect to see a thread about it tomorra :cool:

Back