More backroom changes

Stop panicking. The new regime are still getting their feet under the table. It’s only June 14th not July 14 th.
They have a massive job cutting their cloth to suit our circumstances. We need to trim and streamline all areas of the playing and non- playing staff to a manageable level.
As far as the comments about must sell to buy, does not mean we have no

If they were no good at their jobs and sacked fine but making their positions redundant seems a bit bizarre.

Despite the fanfare since they arrived all the new owners have done is strip down areas of the club and play up to the fans.

I put faith in the new owners and backed them with high hopes that they were the real deal, but they arent turning out as i expected so far and despite the talk of foreign investors and billionaires floating around in the background they seem to be all mouth and looking to do things on the cheap.

We’re streamlining. We had a huge staff, many in roles we know nothing about or don’t seem to have had years before

“Director of Change” :lol:

We’re also in League One and need to start cutting our cloth accordingly.

They want to invest in the academy. That’ll do me

"In some capacity" really fills you with confidence doesnt it.

Maybe the tea lady can do a few rub downs to save a few quid, i mean a squad of 25-30 players shouldnt really need professional physios or fitness coaches as long as theres somebody who knows a little bit about it hanging around thats ok,eh:oops:

If they were no good at their jobs and sacked fine but making their positions redundant seems a bit bizarre.

Despite the fanfare since they arrived all the new owners have done is strip down areas of the club and play up to the fans.

Coton's comments about sell to buy and baulking at potential incoming players wage requests twinned with a perceived lack of action on the transfer front has to be a concern for fans.

I put faith in the new owners and backed them with high hopes that they were the real deal, but they arent turning out as i expected so far and despite the talk of foreign investors and billionaires floating around in the background they seem to be all mouth and looking to do things on the cheap.
We will have a physio and people in all the necessary roles, just not two or three of them!

These blokes won’t struggle to find work so them being made redundant doesn’t have the same affect on me as those who worked in the back office for a average wage.

These two will of been paid handsomely for years and have a raft of experience in their fields. They’ll be ok.

"In some capacity" really fills you with confidence doesnt it.

Maybe the tea lady can do a few rub downs to save a few quid, i mean a squad of 25-30 players shouldnt really need professional physios or fitness coaches as long as theres somebody who knows a little bit about it hanging around thats ok,eh:oops:

Coton's comments about sell to buy and baulking at potential incoming players wage requests twinned with a perceived lack of action on the transfer front has to be a concern for fans.

What a stupid post! You've no idea of the work that is being done behind the scenes and if things are not turning out as you expected,what exactly did you expect to happen by 14th June?

What a stupid post! You've no idea of the work that is being done behind the scenes and if things are not turning out as you expected,what exactly did you expect to happen by 14th June?
I know 100% fact that a lot of people have been let go with very little movement the other way.

Plenty of talk and no action so far which as to change dramatically in the next few weeks.

I know 100% fact that a lot of people have been let go with very little movement the other way.

Plenty of talk and no action so far which as to change dramatically in the next few weeks.

And I'm sure it will. I think you're expecting far too much far too soon.

And I'm sure it will. I think you're expecting far too much far too soon.
The level of recruitment needed is massive and the time until pre season training is closing in.

There is zero point having pre season training with players who wont be here and want away, the manager needs players in before it starts to give him a chance.

The level of recruitment needed is massive and the time until pre season training is closing in.

There is zero point having pre season training with players who wont be here and want away, the manager needs players in before it starts to give him a chance.

Yes,and if you know it and I know it ,you can be sure that the people at the club know it ,and so there will lots going on. So why do you say there is a lack of action? Have some patience.

If we are replacing them, fair enough. But made redundant implies the jobs are disappearing. Surely a modern football team needs physios and fitness people?
It does and I hope they are replaced - the sports science stuff i svery important and the extra few per cent here or there can make a massive differnece. How many many goals did we score in the last few minutes with Roy Keane?

However given the unfit state of the players last season whoever was involved with that can have few complaints about losing their job.

Yes,and if you know it and I know it ,you can be sure that the people at the club know it ,and so there will lots going on. So why do you say there is a lack of action? Have some patience.
No players signed is no action no matter how you look at it.

This is not a new situation for us. Coton is echoing graysons comments about phone ringing non stop and players wanting to come and we know how that ended.

No players signed is no action no matter how you look at it.

This is not a new situation for us. Coton is echoing graysons comments about phone ringing non stop and players wanting to come and we know how that ended.

Rubbish.

It's a valid point. These lads, while well liked have been deemed expendable. Others will take on some of their roles and a couple of new appointment will be made by the weekend.
Be interesting to see who will head up the academy as this is a massive post to fill for our long term success.

Back