More backroom changes

I don't think I'm being disrespectful to suggest from the outside it looks like both of these blokes had at most half a job.

Rehab physio - Players in from 10 AM until about 1 PM Mon - Fri. Even allowing for a bit of prep etc. it is probably 20 hours a week.

Performance coach - Again the players in from 10 AM - 1 PM. OK pre-season a lot of fitness and conditioning work, back end of the season hardly any. The players will do ball work, five a sides etc. at least 3 or 4 times a week. So what does his job involve? A bit warm up and warm down work and the odd workout without the ball. Perhaps individual sessions with fatties like Khazri.

Shame people are losing their jobs but let's face it their jobs can be easily done by other coaches and physios.

Shan you like.

They have not been made redundant because it's easy for others to do their job.

It's cost cutting.

The roles and responsibilities that these performed will now be shared across the remaining staff. That is also a burden on them. Also, as its league one, less cash is given to the 'sport science' element.

We're all cutting our cloth accordingly in this day of cost cutting. My sector has had 15% cuts the last year for no reason. I have to work so much more, do more services for less money.

Why are these people any different? Especially when we've had a double relegation. It makes good business sense.

I understand it's cost cutting but it's also cutting our bloated staffing levels.

I would suggest based on the above it is very easy for others to do their jobs. What does a physio do when the players are training, hang around with the 'magic' sponge? He can do rehab work and have a phone on hand to be able to come to the pitch in the event of an injury. A football coach can very easily put on a bit extra non ball work training.

If you want to go deeper into it neither Watmore or McNair came back from ACL injuries well. 1 was crocked again within a month, the other was injured on and off for about 4 months until he got a run in the side.

Let's be honest our team fitness has been shocking. Under Keane we scored lots of late goals. Last season we turned wins into draws or even defeats by conceding late goals on a regular basis. We were a soft touch but it was also down to poor fitness.

Not allowed to be critical towards the "innocent bystsnders" according to some on here.

Last edited:

Shan you like.

We're all cutting our cloth accordingly in this day of cost cutting. My sector has had 15% cuts the last year for no reason. I have to work so much more, do more services for less money.

Why are these people any different? Especially when we've had a double relegation. It makes good business sense.

Not allowed to be critical towards the "innocent bystsnders" according to some on here.

I understand the reasoning. I gave alluded to it in fact. However, all I am saying is, when this happens more mistakes are make and even less gets done behind he scenes. I have been an advocate of sweeping change.

I understand the reasoning. I gave alluded to it in fact. However, all I am saying is, when this happens more mistakes are make and even less gets done behind he scenes. I have been an advocate of sweeping change.
We have too many staff and some have to go but they didn't create the jobs themselves. Unfortunately, it means people who have done nothing wrong, have been made redundant. Never a good situation but unfortunately necessary.

Whilst I sympathise with those who have lost their jobs if premier league clubs can manage with less then half the staff, this in itself suggest a high proportion of jobs for the boys. I don’t suggest all who have lost their jobs fall into this category but a high proportion will. Value for money is the name of the game and everyone has to be prepared to work hard.

Back