More backroom changes

Our new owners are either;

A: Getting rid of the rot. Ridding the club of the people who have overseen our most disastrous spell ever. Clearing the decks for some competent replacements.

or

B: They're taking what was, in theory, a Premier League level infrastructure and stripping it back to the bare bones. Possibly downgrading us to the 'minnow' level they're used to operating at with Eastleigh.

Answers on a postcard

We had more than double the staff Newcastle have. It's no surprise they are cutting back quite a bit

If we are replacing them, fair enough. But made redundant implies the jobs are disappearing. Surely a modern football team needs physios and fitness people?
Think we had too many of them esp for a L1 club

After the last couple of seasons, I'd be utterly f***ing embarrassed to have anything "at Sunderland" on my CV
Watch those that leave get good jobs

Redundancy is the key word as it suggests they wont be replaced and their roles seem to be essential:confused:
Agree too many on too much money for where we are.

Wot the Fook does that mean?
Managed maintenance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our new owners are either;

A: Getting rid of the rot. Ridding the club of the people who have overseen our most disastrous spell ever. Clearing the decks for some competent replacements.

or

B: They're taking what was, in theory, a Premier League level infrastructure and stripping it back to the bare bones. Possibly downgrading us to the 'minnow' level they're used to operating at with Eastleigh.

Answers on a postcard
A and B. Simply B because we can’t afford to build up the debt we did, again. I’d presume, if and when we climb up the leagues we’d expand as appropriate

Back