More backroom changes

The physiotherapy department has largely and for a long time been a weak link. Prehistoric methods, abilities and a fear of change. Proper old school

One of those is a local lad and a physiotherapist. This isn’t someone who has been fleecing the club. I think those saying ‘Haway the clearout’ and what have ya should have a look at themselves. These lads aren’t millionaires. They’ll earn a decent salary and have families to look after. Fairly shameful celebrating the redundancy of backroom staff

Our new owners are either;

A: Getting rid of the rot. Ridding the club of the people who have overseen our most disastrous spell ever. Clearing the decks for some competent replacements.

or

B: They're taking what was, in theory, a Premier League level infrastructure and stripping it back to the bare bones. Possibly downgrading us to the 'minnow' level they're used to operating at with Eastleigh.

Answers on a postcard

I think anyone who thinks these lads are part of ‘the rot’ are absolutely ludicrous in their beliefs.

If we are replacing them, fair enough. But made redundant implies the jobs are disappearing. Surely a modern football team needs physios and fitness people?

Physios and Fitness coaches would surely be on fixed term contracts? Just like other coaches and players? Therefore they wouldnt be being made "Redundant" would they? Simply having their contracts paid up..... I would imagine anyway.

I think the word redundant used by the OP may be a bit of a mistake.

Physios and Fitness coaches would surely be on fixed term contracts? Just like other coaches and players? Therefore they wouldnt be being made "Redundant" would they? Simply having their contracts paid up..... I would imagine anyway.

Binningsley has been involved in his role at SAFC since the 90s. Think he was a key part of the rotten core that seen us promoted under Reid with 105 points and then finish 7th twice.

One of those is a local lad and a physiotherapist. This isn’t someone who has been fleecing the club. I think those saying ‘Haway the clearout’ and what have ya should have a look at themselves. These lads aren’t millionaires. They’ll earn a decent salary and have families to look after. Fairly shameful celebrating the redundancy of backroom staff

I think anyone who thinks these lads are part of ‘the rot’ are absolutely ludicrous in their beliefs.

My mate is a physio and there is no shortage of jobs out there so I'm sure the fella will be OK. Its not nice to see people paid off, but im sure he will walk back into another job... or open a private practice and fleece the NHS (Which is what happens a lot due to the aforementioned shortage)

Not if we have three and need to cut down to two. That's redundancy I would say.

Binningsley has been involved in his role at SAFC since the 90s. Think he was a key part of the rotten core that seen us promoted under Reid with 105 points and then finish 7th twice.

I never commented on his ability to be fair... just that a fitness coach would be on a same kind of contract as any other coach I would have imagined...

I never commented on his ability to be fair... just that a fitness coach would be on a same kind of contract as any other coach I would have imagined...

Wasn’t really aimed at you marra. Just anyone who has the slightest thought that a physio would form this mythical rotten core.

Not if we have three and need to cut down to two. That's redundancy I would say.

Yes, but people on fixed term contracts are rarely made redundant in the same way that most employees are (unless they have a weird contract which would be their daft fault for signing a fixed term contract that allows redundancy). When you are on a fixed contract the only way for your employer to cut you lose is to sack you (gross misconduct etc.) or pay up the full term of your contract.. unless there are contractual stipulations but most people wouldnt sign them as the main benefit of being fixed term is the knowledge you are guaranteed your salary for a fixed amount of time no matter what.

People are missing the point, we have a larger backroom than Newcastle in fact twice the size, as a league one outfit this is not sustainable. I don’t like to see staff losing there jobs the inference is quite a lot of the were in non-jobs and having an easy ride.

"In some capacity" really fills you with confidence doesnt it.

Maybe the tea lady can do a few rub downs to save a few quid, i mean a squad of 25-30 players shouldnt really need professional physios or fitness coaches as long as theres somebody who knows a little bit about it hanging around thats ok,eh:oops:

If they were no good at their jobs and sacked fine but making their positions redundant seems a bit bizarre.

Despite the fanfare since they arrived all the new owners have done is strip down areas of the club and play up to the fans.

Coton's comments about sell to buy and baulking at potential incoming players wage requests twinned with a perceived lack of action on the transfer front has to be a concern for fans.

I put faith in the new owners and backed them with high hopes that they were the real deal, but they arent turning out as i expected so far and despite the talk of foreign investors and billionaires floating around in the background they seem to be all mouth and looking to do things on the cheap.
Will not read :)

People are missing the point, we have a larger backroom than Newcastle in fact twice the size, as a league one outfit this is not sustainable. I don’t like to see staff losing there jobs the inference is quite a lot of the were in non-jobs and having an easy ride.
Guess it will be Paul Reid going by the echo

Yes, but people on fixed term contracts are rarely made redundant in the same way that most employees are (unless they have a weird contract which would be their daft fault for signing a fixed term contract that allows redundancy). When you are on a fixed contract the only way for your employer to cut you lose is to sack you (gross misconduct etc.) or pay up the full term of your contract.. unless there are contractual stipulations but most people wouldnt sign them as the main benefit of being fixed term is the knowledge you are guaranteed your salary for a fixed amount of time no matter what.
I suspect if that's what they were on they wouldn't finish them as you have to pay them anyway. No point.

As an examle of how bloated the club had become, we had three people responsible for digital output. Spurs have one.
It’s repeated throughout the club.
Yup. Lifted from a GoM post a few weeks back:

"If you compare our numbers of employees with PL clubs, we have more than most clubs outside the top 6. Our last accounts showed 293 non-playing staff; Newcastle have 127, Stoke 224, West Brom 89, Southampton 110. The better question is why do we have so many in the first place, and is one that Donald and Methven have probably asked."

Donald must have appointed him. Can't see Ross knowing much about him.
Tbh I wouldn't expect the manager to have anything to do with the appointment of such a role.

Last edited:
Yup. Lifted from a GoM post a few weeks back:

"If you compare our numbers of employees with PL clubs, we have more than most clubs outside the top 6. Our last accounts showed 293 non-playing staff; Newcastle have 127, Stoke 224, West Brom 89, Southampton 110. The better question is why do we have so many in the first place, and is one that Donald and Methven have probably asked."

Tbh I wouldn't expect the manager to have anything to do with the appointment of such a role.
Surely he will?

Back