More backroom changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I? You seem so sure. I'd love for you to show me in which post I have said that he's a shit physio and the reason we we're relegated.

I'll save you a job. Ive never said it. Here are two posts that you have inferred that childish arguement from.

"How much blame you appropriate the non playing staff is up for debate. But one thing you cant debate that they've done nowt wrong. At the very least they've been shite at their jobs."

"You cling on to the fact we stunk out the prem for 10 years by hanging on every year. Why didn't we push on? Because the club had been ran by a owner who didn't give a damn, who did the bare minimum to get through. The staff let that happen on their watch. Like you say we don't know what went on what didn't. Whether the staff spoke up and tried to change round the mentality of the club or put their heads down, pick up their pay packet from a abject absent owner.
The whole club stank of total failure. We've been shit for years. Sorry if I don't cry for anyone who was part of this dark blot on our history has to leave"
You just contradicted yourself and proved my point.

I'm clever enough to see the rubbish you have written in your posts son. You said they weren't blameless and were "shite at their jobs" They have been made redundant not sacked. They did nothing wrong. It's a bit low what you said to be honest.

That's quite a bit different to "that physio is shite and was to blame for the relegation" I was supposed to have said though wasn't it.

Come on then. How is what I've said low?

Why do you think the people who work for the club are immune from any criticism or from businesses brutal nature?

Do you think that we should keep all our 250 non playing staff?

That's quite a bit different to "that physio is shite and was to blame for the relegation" I was supposed to have said though wasn't it.

Why do you think the people who work for the club are immune from any criticism or from businesses brutal nature?

Because unless you know they’re crap and have proof you should keep your own council. I have no doubt that some weren’t very good at their jobs but don’t know it as a fact therefore I won’t be critical. The fact is that we are having to cut our cloth and having too many non-playing staff means some will have to go.

Last edited:

No there have to be redundancies, but I haven't seen anywhere that the physio carry and blame for our situation which you are saying everybody is. These poor people have lost their jobs through no fault of their own.

Because unless you know they’re crap and have proof you should keep your own council. I have no doubt that some weren’t very good at their jobs but don’t know it as a fact therefore I won’t be critical. The fact is that we are having to cut our cloth and having too many non-playing staff means some will have to go.

Keep my own council? Nah you're alright. Where's the fun in that. It is a message board after all.

Why can't we be critical? They've presided over this heap of shit we call our recent history.

No there have to be redundancies, but I haven't seen anywhere that the physio carry and blame for our situation which you are saying everybody is. These poor people have lost their jobs through no fault of their own.

So hold on. Nobody knows shit. But you can say categorically that certain people lost jobs that was no fault of their own? How can you say that? When I can't say they might have contributed to our shitness. Very hypocritical. Considering how poor we've been even with all these hundreds of extra staff.

Last edited:
Keep my own council? Nah you're alright. Where's the fun in that. It is a message board after all.

Why can't we be critical? They've presided over this heap of shit we call our recent history.

So hold on. Nobody knows shit. But you can say categorically that certain people lost jobs that was no fault of their own? How can you say that? When I can't say they might have contributed to our shitness. Very hypocritical. Considering how poor we've been even with all these hundreds of extra staff.
Here's Mr Shields junior attacking people as usual

Unbelievable Geoff.

haway the backroom clearout. But thoughts are with those who've lost their jobs and their loved ones who may be worried sick about the future there mate. may both lads find gainful elsewhere.
For some reason I read this in a Paul Whitehouse/Smashy-Nicey charity type voice.

I don't think I'm being disrespectful to suggest from the outside it looks like both of these blokes had at most half a job.

Rehab physio - Players in from 10 AM until about 1 PM Mon - Fri. Even allowing for a bit of prep etc. it is probably 20 hours a week.

Performance coach - Again the players in from 10 AM - 1 PM. OK pre-season a lot of fitness and conditioning work, back end of the season hardly any. The players will do ball work, five a sides etc. at least 3 or 4 times a week. So what does his job involve? A bit warm up and warm down work and the odd workout without the ball. Perhaps individual sessions with fatties like Khazri.

Shame people are losing their jobs but let's face it their jobs can be easily done by other coaches and physios.

I don't think I'm being disrespectful to suggest from the outside it looks like both of these blokes had at most half a job.

Rehab physio - Players in from 10 AM until about 1 PM Mon - Fri. Even allowing for a bit of prep etc. it is probably 20 hours a week.

Performance coach - Again the players in from 10 AM - 1 PM. OK pre-season a lot of fitness and conditioning work, back end of the season hardly any. The players will do ball work, five a sides etc. at least 3 or 4 times a week. So what does his job involve? A bit warm up and warm down work and the odd workout without the ball. Perhaps individual sessions with fatties like Khazri.

Shame people are losing their jobs but let's face it their jobs can be easily done by other coaches and physios.

They have not been made redundant because it's easy for others to do their job.

It's cost cutting.

The roles and responsibilities that these performed will now be shared across the remaining staff. That is also a burden on them. Also, as its league one, less cash is given to the 'sport science' element.

They have not been made redundant because it's easy for others to do their job.

It's cost cutting.

The roles and responsibilities that these performed will now be shared across the remaining staff. That is also a burden on them. Also, as its league one, less cash is given to the 'sport science' element.

I understand it's cost cutting but it's also cutting our bloated staffing levels.

I would suggest based on the above it is very easy for others to do their jobs. What does a physio do when the players are training, hang around with the 'magic' sponge? He can do rehab work and have a phone on hand to be able to come to the pitch in the event of an injury. A football coach can very easily put on a bit extra non ball work training.

If you want to go deeper into it neither Watmore or McNair came back from ACL injuries well. 1 was crocked again within a month, the other was injured on and off for about 4 months until he got a run in the side.

Let's be honest our team fitness has been shocking. Under Keane we scored lots of late goals. Last season we turned wins into draws or even defeats by conceding late goals on a regular basis. We were a soft touch but it was also down to poor fitness.

I understand it's cost cutting but it's also cutting our bloated staffing levels.

I would suggest based on the above it is very easy for others to do their jobs. What does a physio do when the players are training, hang around with the 'magic' sponge? He can do rehab work and have a phone on hand to be able to come to the pitch in the event of an injury. A football coach can very easily put on a bit extra non ball work training.

If you want to go deeper into it neither Watmore or McNair came back from ACL injuries well. 1 was crocked again within a month, the other was injured on and off for about 4 months until he got a run in the side.

Let's be honest our team fitness has been shocking. Under Keane we scored lots of late goals. Last season we turned wins into draws or even defeats by conceding late goals on a regular basis. We were a soft touch but it was also down to poor fitness.

We need a reshuffle and the injury side of things, I have been one of the most critical posters on here about it.

It's not easy for others to take on their roles and they will be put under more pressure to maintain the responsibility that the others carried out. This usual means things get left or quality gets even worse.
i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back