More backroom changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

far too much celebrating about decent people losing their job.

Treat people how you would like to be treat yourself.

Hardly.

People are celebrating a good old clear out. If these normal people were any good at their job we wouldn't be in this shit or would've jumped ship long before.

For years now we have been a soft touch at accumulating lazy gets, leaches and hanger ons. That includes players and non players.

Start from scratch is the best way forward. We should've done it ages ago.

As an examle of how bloated the club had become, we had three people responsible for digital output. Spurs have one.
It’s repeated throughout the club.

Exactly.

261 non playing staff ffs. WE'RE not in the champions league.

One of those is a local lad and a physiotherapist. This isn’t someone who has been fleecing the club. I think those saying ‘Haway the clearout’ and what have ya should have a look at themselves. These lads aren’t millionaires. They’ll earn a decent salary and have families to look after. Fairly shameful celebrating the redundancy of backroom staff

I think anyone who thinks these lads are part of ‘the rot’ are absolutely ludicrous in their beliefs.

Im sorry like. Are they working in fairyland? Are these local lads not held to the standards of say you and me are at our jobs? If I do shit at my job, I get sacked. Its that simple. Whoever was at the club while we have been so shite over the last few years can not be unhappy if they get p45's. Too many have accepted mediocrity.

Last edited:
Hardly.

People are celebrating a good old clear out. If these normal people were any good at their job we wouldn't be in this shit or would've jumped ship long before.

For years now we have been a soft touch at accumulating lazy gets, leaches and hanger ons. That includes players and non players.

Exactly.

Im sorry like. Are they working in fairyland? Are these local lads not held to the standards of say you and me are at our jobs? If I do shit at my job, I get sacked. Its that simple. Whoever was at the club while we have been so shite over the last few years can not be unhappy if they get p45's. Too many have accepted mediocrity.

They’ve done nowt wrong

Hardly.

Exactly.

What a load of shite

You have absolutely no idea who does what

We were in the top flight for 10 years

Start from scratch and appoint ex Eastleigh mates as an academy manager?

I think us being in the 3rd division tells you that statement is false. How much blame you appropriate the non playing staff is up for debate. But one thing you cant debate that they've done nowt wrong. At the very least they've been shite at their jobs.

How on earth has Dave Binningsley, a physiotherapist, been shite at his job? He has done absolutely nowt wrong.

How on earth has Dave Binningsley, a physiotherapist, been shite at his job? He has done absolutely nowt wrong.
I have not suggested he is but when we are employing over twice as many non-playing staff as the scum does it not suggest to you that as a league one club we should trimming our staffing levels substantially. As always happens in reorganisations it is not always the shite that go but in our situation we have no choice but to trim.

I have not suggested he is but when we are employing over twice as many non-playing staff as the scum does it not suggest to you that as a league one club we should trimming our staffing levels substantially. As always happens in reorganisations it is not always the shite that go but in our situation we have no choice but to trim.

That’s not the tone of some posters’ point. They’re celebrating a clear out of a perceived failing core. The mess we are in isn’t as a result of physios and fitness trainers being poor at their job. It’s systemic failure from the very top and trickled down. If we have to cut our cloth accordingly now and lay off good, honest Sunderland people off then that’s one thing. To almost rejoice at this, as if it’s going to have some majorly positive effect on performances on the park, is nonsensical.

It’s not football manager. These types of backroom staff will be reasonably well paid but far more in line with the everyday person. They’ll have mortgages that need paying, families to feed, and lives to look after. This isn’t getting shot of millionaires who have taken the club for a ride. It’s proper workers who graft for the club and earn their money.

What a load of shite

You have absolutely no idea who does what

We were in the top flight for 10 years

Start from scratch and appoint ex Eastleigh mates as an academy manager?

He has no affiliation to the club so doesn't stink of abject failure. If the new owners see what he can bring to the table and can be positive for us. I'm all for it.

You cling on to the fact we stunk out the prem for 10 years by hanging on every year. Why didn't we push on? Because the club had been ran by a owner who didn't give a damn, who did the bare minimum to get through. The staff let that happen on their watch. Like you say we don't know what went on what didn't. Whether the staff spoke up and tried to change round the mentality of the club or put their heads down, pick up their pay packet from a abject absent owner.

The whole club stank of total failure. We've been shit for years. Sorry if I don't cry for anyone who was part of this dark blot on our history has to leave.

It's not a fresh start if we have the same people at the club.

Nah mate cos my mates mates Dar works there and is going to lose his job. Small time mentality.

If he was any good at his job he'll get another nee bother.

Come on fella. I don't follow a charity. I follow a football club. If said football club wants to trim it's bloated staff levels to that of where we are. Who am I to say otherwise? It makes good business sense. It gives me hope that these fellas know what they're doing.

We're no gravy train anymore. Playing staff or otherwise.

That’s not the tone of some posters’ point. They’re celebrating a clear out of a perceived failing core. The mess we are in isn’t as a result of physios and fitness trainers being poor at their job. It’s systemic failure from the very top and trickled down. If we have to cut our cloth accordingly now and lay off good, honest Sunderland people off then that’s one thing. To almost rejoice at this, as if it’s going to have some majorly positive effect on performances on the park, is nonsensical.

It’s not football manager. These types of backroom staff will be reasonably well paid but far more in line with the everyday person. They’ll have mortgages that need paying, families to feed, and lives to look after. This isn’t getting shot of millionaires who have taken the club for a ride. It’s proper workers who graft for the club and earn their money.

People. Good people of Sunderland lose their jobs every day. Why are these people any different?

Maybe that's the problem we haven't been ran like a football manager team. If we had we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Last edited:
Hardly.

Exactly.

I agree. It's got nothing to do with 'being local'. It's all about being good enough else we'll end up with a team of perpetual losers like ...

I’m not rejoicing in it but live in the real world as I pointed out not only the bad but often the good go when reorganisations take place. Do you not think it peculiar that our club has over twice the number of a neighbouring premier league club. It suggests to me that some of them have not exactly been flogging themselves. If they are genuinely hard working I’m sure they will find other employment.

Sack the tea lady, the Grossman and the security guards because of they had been any good at their jobs we wouldn't have been relegated.

Sack the tea lady, the Grossman and the security guards because of they had been any good at their jobs we wouldn't have been relegated.
I’m not suggesting that all I’m saying is if you are employing £100 of staff and only budget for £50 worth half will have to go. This is no reflection on how hard they worked. I accept they had little input on relegation.

I’m not suggesting that all I’m saying is if you are employing £100 of staff and only budget for £50 worth half will have to go. This is no reflection on how hard they worked. I accept they had little input on relegation.
Yes you are right. Others have a different opinion.

I'm not sure anyone has actually came out with that hyperbole. But they have to take some responsibility for the plight of the club. If nothing else the bloatedness and inefficiency of our staff numbers is down to 2-3 people doing 1 persons job.

He has no affiliation to the club so doesn't stink of abject failure. If the new owners see what he can bring to the table and can be positive for us. I'm all for it.

You cling on to the fact we stunk out the prem for 10 years by hanging on every year. Why didn't we push on? Because the club had been ran by a owner who didn't give a damn, who did the bare minimum to get through. The staff let that happen on their watch. Like you say we don't know what went on what didn't. Whether the staff spoke up and tried to change round the mentality of the club or put their heads down, pick up their pay packet from a abject absent owner.

The whole club stank of total failure. We've been shit for years. Sorry if I don't cry for anyone who was part of this dark blot on our history has to leave.

It's not a fresh start if we have the same people at the club.

Nah mate cos my mates mates Dar works there and is going to lose his job. Small time mentality.

If he was any good at his job he'll get another nee bother.

Come on fella. I don't follow a charity. I follow a football club. If said football club wants to trim it's bloated staff levels to that of where we are. Who am I to say otherwise? It makes good business sense. It gives me hope that these fellas know what they're doing.

We're no gravy train anymore. Playing staff or otherwise.

People. Good people of Sunderland lose their jobs every day. Why are these people any different?

Maybe that's the problem we haven't been ran like a football manager team. If we had we wouldn't be in this predicament.

So you just blindly back anyone they appoint r because they are new

What’s the point of this forum then?

So you just blindly back anyone they appoint r because they are new

What’s the point of this forum then?

How is it blind? We've had numerous correspondence with the new owners and them laying out their plan. They have already started clearing house. Yes its early days, but they seem to saying and doing the right things.

Not sure why you are asking about the forum for? Ive never said the contry.

I'm not sure anyone has actually came out with that hyperbole. But they have to take some responsibility for the plight of the club. If nothing else the bloatedness and inefficiency of our staff numbers is down to 2-3 people doing 1 persons job.
You did. The physio wasn't very good at his job so we got relegated! Really? Have a word with yourself mate.

You did. The physio wasn't very good at his job so we got relegated! Really? Have a word with yourself mate.

Did I? You seem so sure. I'd love for you to show me in which post I have said that he's a shit physio and the reason we we're relegated.

I'll save you a job. Ive never said it. Here are two posts that you have inferred that childish arguement from.

"How much blame you appropriate the non playing staff is up for debate. But one thing you cant debate that they've done nowt wrong. At the very least they've been shite at their jobs."

"You cling on to the fact we stunk out the prem for 10 years by hanging on every year. Why didn't we push on? Because the club had been ran by a owner who didn't give a damn, who did the bare minimum to get through. The staff let that happen on their watch. Like you say we don't know what went on what didn't. Whether the staff spoke up and tried to change round the mentality of the club or put their heads down, pick up their pay packet from a abject absent owner.
The whole club stank of total failure. We've been shit for years. Sorry if I don't cry for anyone who was part of this dark blot on our history has to leave"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back