Missed opportunities with Dan Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a ridiculous double standard in just two replies there

i think u missed the point, the manager probably doesn't think Neil is ready or I am sure he would have been in the team don't you ?

re Winchester, he has been injured hasn't he and has just joined and the manager knows him from previous...

my point stands, we need to win games we cannot carry anyone, now is not the time for experimenting

i think u missed the point, the manager probably doesn't think Neil is ready or I am sure he would have been in the team don't you ?

re Winchester, he has been injured hasn't he and has just joined and the manager knows him from previous...

my point stands, we need to win games we cannot carry anyone, now is not the time for experimenting
Are you ok with carrying Vokins?

Neill had some minutes recently - just Winchester's turn, maybe?
Not in the league he hasn't

It's not experimenting or costing us wins potentially bringing someone on with ten to go at 3-0

Last edited:
I'd like to see Neil get more game time, also think we look more comfortable as a team when we play 3 in midfield, which (in theory) should give opportunities to all the lads in that position, over the remainder of the season.

The past 2 league game we have missed opportunities of giving him much needed experience in the league.

Both games were over and it would have been ideal for him to come on and get 15 / 20 mins in each game

Definitely missed a trick

He played against Lincoln didn't he? I thought he was quiet. Winchester looked good when he came on yesterday. I'm all for giving youth a chance but they have to earn it and take their opportunity when it arises.

Are you ok with carrying Vokins?

nope but he improved a little yesterday...a little but against poor oppo imho
Not in the league he hasn't

It's not experimenting or costing us wins potentially bringing someone on with ten to go at 3-0

3 up and coasting what would we have learnt about him? he has to make the position his own make it hard to drop him once he gets his chance...i hope he does

Last edited:
nope but he improved a little yesterday...a little but against poor oppo imho
I thought he was poor and it's clear Johnson did too switching Gooch there.
He played against Lincoln didn't he? I thought he was quiet. Winchester looked good when he came on yesterday. I'm all for giving youth a chance but they have to earn it and take their opportunity when it arises.
Neil should have came on instead of Maguire yesterday. It doesnt have to be an either Neil or Winchester competition

We have 5 subs it's an ideal opportunity let's be honest how many poor performances have we seen from power and scowen in midfield this season he couldn't do much worse, we need to be careful otherwise he will want to leave.
How many good ones have we seen from Neil, I don’t see the clamour for him?

If we are three up with ten mins or so to go then Leadbitter especially needs to be brought off. Others not so much. If a kid can’t be hoyed on then they nivver will be.
When selling or loaning out these kids in the future appearances made may prove to financially beneficial.

I hate people who say things like 'don't you agree'

I am pretty sure the manager doesnt think hes ready. I think the way to get ready is to play games. I am quite happy with Diamonds involvement, and performances. I want to see Neil brought on ahead of Scowen/Winchester when we're coasting. It's not experimentation it's gaining experience

I hate people who say things like 'don't you agree'

I am pretty sure the manager doesnt think hes ready. I think the way to get ready is to play games. I am quite happy with Diamonds involvement, and performances. I want to see Neil brought on ahead of Scowen/Winchester when we're coasting. It's not experimentation it's gaining experience

hate me then )))

I thought he was poor and it's clear Johnson did too switching Gooch there.

Neil should have came on instead of Maguire yesterday. It doesnt have to be an either Neil or Winchester competition

He doesn't strike me as a creative attacking midfielder though and that's what Johnson must have wanted judging by his substitution, perhaps I'm wrong. What's his output been like in the U23's?

He's played well pre season and in pizza cup unfortunately he didn't in the Lincoln game
So in essence the manager gave him his chance against Lincoln and he to some degree blew it, if he’s to make it here he’s got to grab those kind of opportunities with both hands and make it difficult for the manager not to include him.

If we are three up with ten mins or so to go then Leadbitter especially needs to be brought off. Others not so much. If a kid can’t be hoyed on then they nivver will be.
When selling or loaning out these kids in the future appearances made may prove to financially beneficial.

Maybe Johnson doesn't rate him?

So in essence the manager gave him his chance against Lincoln and he to some degree blew it, if he’s to make it here he’s got to grab those kind of opportunities with both hands and make it difficult for the manager not to include him.
Ah well he had one game where he wasn't good let's bin him

The past 2 league game we have missed opportunities of giving him much needed experience in the league.

Both games were over and it would have been ideal for him to come on and get 15 / 20 mins in each game

Definitely missed a trick
Agree fully.
And v donnie.
4 1 up and we bring leadbitter on. We know everything about him. Dan Neil looks like he could be the real deal. He looks like he has awareness and balance. Needs game time.

I am fairly confident that if we were in the prem, we would have loaned him out to a league 1 or lower championship team and he'd have played most games and performed at a high standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back