Missed opportunities with Dan Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been watching Sunderland close to 50yrs no game is over till the whistle blows, think getting points on board is more important than giving the youngens minutes
Burton player .Signed 19th Feb non league player . This player is going to be a handful, deffo worth a watch in future.
Mike Fondop Talom ,came on last 20 mins 6ft 3inch forward

This it’s the same every game yes it would be good to see him play more but the team at the minute is playing well and look more settled together
Ideal opportunity for him to get minutes at the end of the game yesterday and the previous league game

Winchester is a new signing who the club paid money for and who the manager wanted, Johnson has to justify why the club bought him so he needs to play.
This for me, at the moment it is more important for Winchester to get game time as he will be called upon if Scowen, Leadbitter or Power get injured.
Neil is a talent I think, but in a promotion race horses for courses for me. Neil may get more minutes, but I understand the reason if he doesn't.

Not giving opportunities to talented young lads will see more talented lads want to leave or not see their future here.

Theres no doubt the lads up to it just needs more experience

theyve been pretty clear about this since they came in though, pathways for the you g players are an essential part of how the club will operate. Speakman has mentioned Dan Neil specifically as someone they see as an important part of the club in the long term but he’s not at an age where he needs to be playing week in week out, unlike Embleton.

People need to have some perspective and patience.

So by your own logic that means you have no right to disagree with any professional or ex professional footballer on the tv.

Not what I said though was it. Never did I state that no one can have an opinion or disagree, just that I'd definitely trust the judgement of the man who sees Neil at training on a daily basis and has the ability to judge him at a professional level over the poster who thinks he's the new Ronaldo based on nothing.

Going back to the original point - this is after a 3-0 away win and while we're in good form... and we have posters arguing against the manager's decision making just because they like to feel they know better.

Last edited:
I think we are mismanaging him. He should be getting regular games and he isn’t going to here at the minute. There was interest from league 2 in January and he would of been much better off getting 20 games there between now and the end of the season.

Not what I said though was it. Never did I state that no one can have an opinion or disagree, just that I'd definitely trust the judgement of the man who sees Neil at training on a daily basis and has the ability to judge him at a professional level over the poster who thinks he's the new Ronaldo based on nothing.

Going back to the original point - this is after a 3-0 away win and while we're in good form... and we have posters arguing against the manager's decision making just because they like to feel they know better.

That's definitely what the other poster said.

Neil got a started in midweek and played an hour against the team top of our league. He's part of the matchday squad every week, he's training full time with the first team and he's getting an opportunity. It's up to him to keep developing and take his chance.

We were in complete control yesterday and against 10 men. I very much doubt he'd made huge progress in his development by playing out the last 15 minutes. He might have seen someone who is performing better in training get that opportunity though and seen what he needs to do to get to the next level.

This for me, at the moment it is more important for Winchester to get game time as he will be called upon if Scowen, Leadbitter or Power get injured.
Neil is a talent I think, but in a promotion race horses for courses for me. Neil may get more minutes, but I understand the reason if he doesn't.
Why did Maguire instead of Neil come on for Power in the 85th minute?

Difficult one - would love him to get more game time but everyone needs minutes. Plus the likes of Winchester and Maguire came on and did well.

I’m sure he’ll get more chances in the run in.
Neil got a started in midweek and played an hour against the team top of our league. He's part of the matchday squad every week, he's training full time with the first team and he's getting an opportunity. It's up to him to keep developing and take his chance.

We were in complete control yesterday and against 10 men. I very much doubt he'd made huge progress in his development by playing out the last 15 minutes. He might have seen someone who is performing better in training get that opportunity though and seen what he needs to do to get to the next level.

Nicely put.

With modern Football fans - finding any reason to complain and think you know better than the manager, even after a perfect result.
I thought Johnson did well yesterday to get the team so organised given we had such a makeshift defence. I’m a massive fan of Neil- his touch is sublime- and I think LJ is too. We have to trust the manager to get his development right .not the time to be moaning after a 3-0 win away.
Winchester is a new signing who the club paid money for and who the manager wanted, Johnson has to justify why the club bought him so he needs to play.
Or he thought he was the best option. Thought Winchester was fine yesterday.no evidence he was brought on for any reason other than he is competent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back