Missed opportunities with Dan Neil

Theres a few players who need game time / chances.

Jones, diamond winchester all got a chabce yesterday. The fsct neill got a game midweek sort of justifies him having to wait a but longer for next chance.

We have a few players as named above that need chances. In all honesty im more keen on jones getting bedded in cos i think he can become a 1st team regular and push us to automatics

I'm not being overly critical of the manager however I think the past 2 league games, especially yesterday were missed opportunities to get 10 / 15 mins under his belt

As does yours
Manager spoke the other day regards getting Almond into the changing room. To be in amongst the senior lads abd hear him swearing etc at half time. It's knuckle down time and feel odd introduction now and then but to me it's older lads time unless you are a Wayne Rooney. There time will come but from outside looking in we just have to rely on the whole management team.

We can whinge on all we like marra, but it matters not what we think, unfortunately for Neil it would appear that Lee Johnson isn’t his biggest fan either.

Quite the reverse if you listen to Speakmans interview the other week. They think he’s a really good prospect. There was a discussion about him going on loan but Johnson said he preferred to have him training with the first team. His time will come and his circumstances have improved immeasurably since Parky left.

Theres a few players who need game time / chances.

Jones, diamond winchester all got a chabce yesterday. The fsct neill got a game midweek sort of justifies him having to wait a but longer for next chance.

We have a few players as named above that need chances. In all honesty im more keen on jones getting bedded in cos i think he can become a 1st team regular and push us to automatics

Diamond for instance looks a different class to Neil from the evidence I've seen.

I really hope we manage to sign Diamond to a longer contract. The lad looks quality.

Neil has the attributes to be a very good midfielder. But he’s got to earn his minutes and the truth of the matter is we’ve been winning games and Winchester and Maguire might have been absolutely flying in training and Neil might have be poor.

The truth is we don’t know so it’s on LJ and his management teams shoulders.

I definitely think Neil has a bright future. However, in the games I’ve seen him play - most recently midweek v Lincoln, he’s not doing enough to justify a league start or jumping the pecking order ahead of more seasoned pros such as Maguire and Winchester.
A loan next season to a league 1 side (a la Henderson to Coventry) and we may well be a very different player the season after next.

I definitely think Neil has a bright future. However, in the games I’ve seen him play - most recently midweek v Lincoln, he’s not doing enough to justify a league start or jumping the pecking order ahead of more seasoned pros such as Maguire and Winchester.
A loan next season to a league 1 side (a la Henderson to Coventry) and we may well be a very different player the season after next.
He was excellent against mk Dons

He doesn't strike me as a creative attacking midfielder though and that's what Johnson must have wanted judging by his substitution, perhaps I'm wrong. What's his output been like in the U23's?
I'd say hes a creative type. He receives the ball on the half turn and plays forward

I'd say hes a creative type. He receives the ball on the half turn and plays forward

But doesn't seem to have the technical skill that someone like Maguire has for example. The thing is with Neil, he's still young as you say, a tough decision needs to be made soon, either he's good enough to be given a prolonged stint in the team, he's loaned out (but how many years left does he have on his contract), or we part ways as he wants to play regularly.

How many assists and goals does he have at U23 level?

Could he not fit into the Leadbitter role?

Maybe Johnson doesn't rate him?
That’s the point.
Hoy em on when we’re too far out of sight to damage the score line....then flog em. Utd did it enough times with the players Fergie didn’t rate to build up their transfer fees when they flogged em off to mug punters like safc. Even if it only gets us a higher sell on % it needs to be done.

That’s the point.
Hoy em on when we’re too far out of sight to damage the score line....then flog em. Utd did it enough times with the players Fergie didn’t rate to build up their transfer fees when they flogged em off to mug punters like safc. Even if it only gets us a higher sell on % it needs to be done.

Take your point, but getting game time at United adds a lot more value than league one Sunderland, although you'll probably argue it's all relative.

But doesn't seem to have the technical skill that someone like Maguire has for example. The thing is with Neil, he's still young as you say, a tough decision needs to be made soon, either he's good enough to be given a prolonged stint in the team, he's loaned out (but how many years left does he have on his contract), or we part ways as he wants to play regularly.

How many assists and goals does he have at U23 level?

Could he not fit into the Leadbitter role?
Hes a totally different type of player as Maguire but is still technically gifted.

Skip to about 4:30 on the highlights for an example of his vision.

I think it would be a tough ask to play the Leadbitter role currently however given time he could play there

Back