Missed opportunities with Dan Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he's good enough.

I'll trust the judgement of a man with over 20 years professional experience in Football over the forum poster.
Parkinson’s got over 20 years professional experience in football and multiple promotions on his cv yet just about every poster on here would have told you he was wrong for dropping mcgeady. they aren’t infallible and can be wrong.

We’ve had a host of managers who seem reluctant to blood young players with the excuse being the pressure of playing here not their ability. We have to give minutes to players like Neil. It’s the only way we’ll ever get back to the top level without KLD signing cheques like short.

No one is suggesting he’s going to solve all our problems or that he’s the finished article but we have to develop these players. They might not rise to the challenge even if we give them minutes but it’s absolutely certain they’ll never meet their potential if they don’t get into the team

Last edited:

The past 2 league game we have missed opportunities of giving him much needed experience in the league.

Both games were over and it would have been ideal for him to come on and get 15 / 20 mins in each game

Definitely missed a trick
Like the 5th FEB 2011 match at NUFC . Arsenal were 4- nil up at half time coasting.How dis that game turn out ?... Nufc 4 Arsenal 4 .Funny game football.

The past 2 league game we have missed opportunities of giving him much needed experience in the league.

Both games were over and it would have been ideal for him to come on and get 15 / 20 mins in each game

Definitely missed a trick

There was a Speakman interview a few weeks back where the discussions showed clearly that the club rate Neil and they are carefully considering his development - they kept him with the first team rather letting him go on loan. He's not ready for a starting 11 spot so little introductions here and there for the rest of this season are fine - and that's what he has had.

This 100%.
Embleton and Diamond. 22 and 21 years old and shown next to nowt on the pitch. Must be similar in training or they would be playing. Shoukd be showing more at that age. Not gonna make it.
Neil. A bit younger so reserve judgment. If pressed though i would say he's going the same way.
All be at Carlisle, Gateshead or Shields in
3 years

There is nothing BUT doubt

Similarly Ethan Robson, not sure how he’s getting on at Blackpool but he wouldn’t get in our midfield now probably.

Like the 5th FEB 2011 match at NUFC . Arsenal were 4- nil up at half time coasting.How dis that game turn out ?... Nufc 4 Arsenal 4 .Funny game football.
And how many times have that happened. If you are still shit scared 3-0 against 10 men then I think football isnt for you

Reactions: TAD
There was a Speakman interview a few weeks back where the discussions showed clearly that the club rate Neil and they are carefully considering his development - they kept him with the first team rather letting him go on loan. He's not ready for a starting 11 spot so little introductions here and there for the rest of this season are fine - and that's what he has had.
And the past 2 league games were ideal for little introductions

And how many times have that happened. If you are still shit scared 3-0 against 10 men then I think football isnt for you
I was giving you an example! P.S I don't rate Niel O.K. Like you seem to do. Football is full of opinions. Luckily yours means sweet FA.

Sides playing well. Think I will trust manager.
I'm not being overly critical of the manager however I think the past 2 league games, especially yesterday were missed opportunities to get 10 / 15 mins under his belt
I was giving you an example! P.S I don't rate Niel O.K. Like you seem to do. Football is full of opinions. Luckily yours means sweet FA.
As does yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back