Luke 0'9

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll always get a bit of stick. He's got a cracking first touch and is the most versatile player in the squad by a long stretch. Would like him to be able to have a run of games in midfield. I think he'd have scored 5-10 this season if he was playing in midfield regularly.

Exactly the type of player we need at this level. I reckon he'd be an alright squad player in the Championship if we managed to get promoted.

I don't think so.

:lol: His prime years? He'll be 27 next season man.

He's an average at very best League 1 utility man.
I find it strange. You're very clearly wrong, and at the very most you're in an extreme minority who think that about him. You of course can defend your own opinion as much as you want, but nobody will hold it against you if you say yeah I got it wrong he is in fact a good player. Then you'd be right. Then we can all move on.

I find it strange. You're very clearly wrong, and at the very most you're in an extreme minority who think that about him. You of course can defend your own opinion as much as you want, but nobody will hold it against you if you say yeah I got it wrong he is in fact a good player. Then you'd be right. Then we can all move on.
What exactly am I wrong about? He's 26. He hasn't got a defined position. He's average at best wherever he plays. He's unlikely to play for any significant amount of time at a higher level.

Just at cant get away with him me.

Runs funny, horrible technique, terrible athlete, but he gives is all so hes a hero.

Thoughts...
Just at cant get away with him me.

Runs funny, horrible technique, terrible athlete, but he gives is all so hes a hero.

Thoughts...

You are a miserable skunk top...very worried about relegation and Cashley stopping funding. Looking for a distraction?

What exactly am I wrong about? He's 26. He hasn't got a defined position. He's average at best wherever he plays. He's unlikely to play for any significant amount of time at a higher level.
He does, his defined position is CM. It's not his fault he hasn't been asked to play there very often. However, when he has been asked to play (RB, CB) he's applied himself excellently. Clearly a good footballer with an intelligent footballing brain, and will definitely play at a higher level. If we don't go up this season a side will come in for him. One of few members of the squad with resale value also.

Absolutely blows my mind how people don't see his worth, no coincidence weve I'm proved by his presence in the team putting aside he's a likeable lad he's the first name on the team sheet for me I see him just as important as Mcgeady.
I do see his worth. He can do a job here n there. Jack of all trades, master of none.

I'm suprised you say he is average at best in all positions..

He is the best RB we have had in a couple years
His one game in Midfield this season he added a dimension we have often been lacking and was one of the best on the park
He has often been played at CB, a position that really isnt suited to a player of his size and stature yet he has hardly put a foot wrong.

Despite not being a big man, he has consistently been one of our most dominant players in the air since he signed.

We have about 7 players in this squad that I would want to sign on past the end of this season, and he is definitely in that list.

He does, his defined position is CM. It's not his fault he hasn't been asked to play there very often. However, when he has been asked to play (RB, CB) he's applied himself excellently. Clearly a good footballer with an intelligent footballing brain, and will definitely play at a higher level. If we don't go up this season a side will come in for him. One of few members of the squad with resale value also.
Pfffffft, and mine's the Pontiff. The fact he hasn't been asked to play there much should be a clue to you, it's cos he's not very good there, and that is his fault.

He might play in the Championship, briefly, if we go up. He's nowhere near good enough for it though.

No matter how well a player does for us there's always a small minority on here that will slag him off. It's the Smb way. Bizarre though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back