Luke 0'9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant bump. Threads like this expose the bi-polar, fickle nature of some of our fans. Totally influenced by recency bias.

Best performance in red and white. The lad is a defender. Whether it be right back or centre half, hes better there than in midfield. Committed, mobile, competitive in the air and willing to carry it out. His limitations aren’t as exposed in defence and he does a very decent job there

He's been immense since CB.
I really like wright and Willis, but onien and sanderson have easily been 2 of our best performers in each game since they played CB together. These 2 have a great understanding of each other.
The enthusiasm Luke brings is infectious.
I'd still like him to have a prolonged time at midfield as think he will be a real driving force there, but wherever he plays he will be good.
Wasted at RB though, and actually power is playing great there.

5 clean sheets in 7, no saves for burge to make tonight.
Would Willis and wright get back in the team.
Never said that before in my life :lol:

Never seen a poster as unhappy as we win as you

the way you slagged off McGeady and Wyke was an utter disgrace
You do go on a bit about the fans overrating him just because he is a nice lad , or words to that effect.
I think its maybe time to consider you underrated him?

Last edited:
He's been immense since CB.
I really like wright and Willis, but onien and sanderson have easily been 2 of our best performers in each game since they played CB together. These 2 have a great understanding of each other.
The enthusiasm Luke brings is infectious.
I'd still like him to have a prolonged time at midfield as think he will be a real driving force there, but wherever he plays he will be good.
Wasted at RB though, and actually power is playing great there.

5 clean sheets in 7, no saves for burge to make tonight.
Would Willis and wright get back in the team.

You do go on a bit about the fans overrating him just because he is a nice lad , or words to that effect.
I think its maybe time to consider you underrated him?

Agreed, He's been brilliant

But Players do improve you know

he hasn't played this level since he signed for Sunderland has he? But he is now, and its brilliant to see

He has been a very good signing, and is showing absolute real class at centre back

I really think he has found his position, this is how he stops being a bits n pieces player and has a career at a higher level IMO, perfect for it, quick, good it the air, agressove, good on the ball, smart

Forget midfield, where he hasnt proven much, this is where he needs to play, whether if its for us, or if he gets a move to someone else

He added a £5m price tag to his head last night with that performance being on Sky and the way the commentators went on about him.
If we don't go up Championship sides will be falling over themselves to sign him up. His versatility is incredible. Midfield, anywhere in defence, left or right side. I'd have no qualms putting him up front if Wyke was injured and I'm convinced he'd shine there too.

He added a £5m price tag to his head last night with that performance being on Sky and the way the commentators went on about him.
If we don't go up Championship sides will be falling over themselves to sign him up. His versatility is incredible. Midfield, anywhere in defence, left or right side. I'd have no qualms putting him up front if Wyke was injured and I'm convinced he'd shine there too.

You forgot in goal. If Burge ever got sent off and we didn't have a sub keeper available, O'Nien is the man I'd give the gloves too.

Scored more goals than Grigg last season.

Best performance in red and white. The lad is a defender. Whether it be right back or centre half, hes better there than in midfield. Committed, mobile, competitive in the air and willing to carry it out. His limitations aren’t as exposed in defence and he does a very decent job there

I just like the lad. I think his attitude, desire and willingness has always been top class, top professional. He may not be as gifted as some top premier league players, but his heart and attitude is spot on and that can make up for a lot of 'missing talent'. Just look at Fulham beating Liverpool - Fulham wanted it more!

Having talent does not equate to hard work and desire.

Players do go through bad spells, but I would never slag him off as I know he would be just as upset about the bad spell as anyone.

We need to give him a new deal no matter what league we are in next season.

He’s the Millennial Darren Williams. He’s played right back, left back, centre back, central midfield, and has looked comfortable in all of them.

Last edited:
I just like the lad. I think his attitude, desire and willingness has always been top class, top professional. He may not be as gifted as some top premier league players, but his heart and attitude is spot on and that can make up for a lot of 'missing talent'. Just look at Fulham beating Liverpool - Fulham wanted it more!

Having talent does not equate to hard work and desire.

Players do go through bad spells, but I would never slag him off as I know he would be just as upset about the bad spell as anyone.

We need to give him a new deal no matter what league we are in next season.
He might even make the step up. Players have done it before. Not saying he will but it’s possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back