Luke 0'9

He's class man. Can play 4/5 positions, runs all day, good passer of the ball, dunno why you say he's a terrible athlete; he's strong, good engine, decent pace.
Canny player and cracking to have in the squad
The blokes hideous man, imagine him up against a half decent winger, hed get pulverised
Good player at this level
Aye thats the whole point, not even championship standard

He's better than Power at right back. He's way down the pecking order in the centre for me.

way down the pecking order in the middle makes it sound like we're overloaded with talent in there. Who'd get in ahead of O'Nien? No chance Power, Scowen, Leadbitter etc score the goal he did today. He's got a knack of being in the right place at the right time. He had that knack when he was at right back nevermind when he's higher up the field.

way down the pecking order in the middle makes it sound like we're overloaded with talent in there. Who'd get in ahead of O'Nien? No chance Power, Scowen, Leadbitter etc score the goal he did today. He's got a knack of being in the right place at the right time. He had that knack when he was at right back nevermind when he's higher up the field.

For me the pecking order is this:

Scowen
Leadbitter
Neil
Winchester
O'Nien
Power

For the record, I'd have him in at right back. But he simply can't play in a 2 man midfield and we have 4 attacking players already on the pitch, I'm not looking for someone to score goals as a primary function from that role, especially at the expense of us being overran.

Last edited:
For me the pecking order is this:

Scowen
Leadbitter
Neil
Winchester
Power
O'Nien

For the record, I'd have him in at right back. But he simply can't play in a 2 man midfield and we have 4 attacking players already on the pitch, I'm not looking for someone to score goals as a primary function from that role, especially at the expense of us being overran.

apart from a 10 minute spell today, I don't think we were overran. There's absolutely no chance O'Nien is bottom of that pile like unless you want 3 midfielders passing amongst themselves side to side slowing everything down.

wasnt he one of our top scorers even from defence in the last two seasons

apart from a 10 minute spell today, I don't think we were overran. There's absolutely no chance O'Nien is bottom of that pile like unless you want 3 midfielders passing amongst themselves side to side slowing everything down.

I was a bit harsh putting him below Power. He can't play in a 2 though. I saw about 2 positive things from him all game. The goal was nice, but we need balance and he leaves us exposed in midfield. His energy is useful on the right.

Scowen and Leadbitter are far better. Its ok mentioning a goal, but when he's got no discipline and we're wide open that's not what he's really there for.

Back